• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This was a new, innovative formation called "Pfantum Parade", unique to Catmando's VF-151 Vigilantes, and their "Sis" Squadron, the VF-161 "Rock Rivers"!vf161invert.jpg It's a CVW-5 'THING''!;)

One of the many advantages AirPac Squadrons had over our AirLant Bros... was the [mandatory] 'Mt. Fuji Flyby" PhotoOp (along with 'PoCity & Hong Kong libs, and dirty shirts/flight suits in the wardrooms)!:p
BzB

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
nov. '69..vmfa 232, iwakuni
1660005142_2c0ea6d7d0.jpg

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
for the 'truder dudes

With additional ordnance pylons, more powerful engines, new radars and digital avionics. Three pre-production prototypes built at a cost of $220 million each in 1987. The third aircraft was flown for a total of 2 1/2 hours before the program was canceled.

I think the a-6f was actually intended to be an operational weapon system test bed for the A-12 system, 'stealthy power projection'.
8159102482_8a6c82a71d_c.jpg

navyao

Roger "Shrikes"! That squadron nickname was selected in an all hands Contest, & became official on 1 August 1958, when we were redesignated from VF-94 to VA-94.
View attachment 11609<-VF-94View attachment 11610 <-VA-94

Shrike: "A small ferocious bird', we thought that a very fitting description of our brand new Skyhawks! Rumor has it that the small orange 'shrike' on the new VA-94 patch... was inspired by the bird on the label of a Thunderbird wine bottle!!!;)
View attachment 11611View attachment 11612
BzB

Very cool! I have a 1/48 scale Fury waiting to be built but decals for that aircraft are tough to come by, VA-94 would be perfect, if I could find them. I was on the last West Pac in Enterprise with CVW-11 and VA-94, that was their last cruise in A-7E's. Thanks for the gouge sir!

jmcquate

Contributor
Very cool! I have a 1/48 scale Fury waiting to be built but decals for that aircraft are tough to come by, VA-94 would be perfect, if I could find them. I was on the last West Pac in Enterprise with CVW-11 and VA-94, that was their last cruise in A-7E's. Thanks for the gouge sir!
Hobbyboss kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.