• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I'm a ninja when it comes to flight planning.

Actually, it was filmed by the "downed aircrew" being role-played by two of our Flight E Marines. He filmed it on his iPhone as we came in to pick them up...

And I will say that I've never landed in the wrong zone. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The LZ wasn't the correct LZ until you landed there. ;)

Rev

pilot
The museum onboard NAS Pensacola has a TF-9J (on loan from another museum), but I don't know if it is on public display or somewhere in the back.

I was just there yesterday and I believe it's on display. IIRC it has an engine cutout on display as well.

navyao

Sounds good to me! Although, you probably have to use SMS-type language. You're busting EBLLZ. LOL.

Seriously, I wasn't thrilled about the music, that's the kind of crap I had to listen to in every rental car I rode in from the airport to the hotel during the CCX to Yuma (because I let the aircrew choose the music). That's when I realized I was getting old.

Here I was just gonna say f-yea! Pantera! About time someone makes a cool vid with some angry music! One thing that still pisses me off about my 9 years of active duty in the Nav is watching the freaking athletes and media goofs who always seem to get incentive flights in Hook squadrons, absolute crap! The closest I got was riding brakes!

I finally got to put a bag on and fly with my buddy when he was at HMX. We did a night goggles hop around Quantico in the Phrog and it was absolutely amazing! We were yank'n and bank'n around Quantico and I think the Patomac River. The PLC platoons on the ground would fire flares up every so often too. We landed in a few LZ's; with the NVG's down we'd scatter herds of deer and the rotor wash would bend the trees as we'd fly our approach - it was awesome!

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hundreds of old school, Advanced Training Command NAS Beeville photos, including some famous Naval Aviators and some venerable aircraft.....
.....at this LINK. Enjoy! Scroll is your friend.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
What was the Pilot Training Rate back in the day, you ask?
How many Naval Aviators were designated each year from 1911 to 1995?

Especially check out the Training Command's amazing WWII years pilot production!
Picture this page below:
navalaviators.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hundreds of old school, Advanced Training Command NAS Beeville photos, including some famous Naval Aviators and some venerable aircraft.....
.....at this LINK. Enjoy! Scroll is your friend.

WOW, good find Cat...brought back mem's of my Bee County Bash Jan-July '58, TV-2 & F9F-8. Total night life...burgers+ at Maples Drive-In, 4 N/Cs & case of Lone Star @ Texas Drive-In movie, San Antonio or 'Cripus Corsti' weekends. Even managed a couple of weekend jaunts to charm the Senoritas in Nueva Laredo, Mexico!:D

Two of the photos at the top of the scroll, are of ex-POW (then LTjg) CAPT Dick "Beak" Stratton, at that time a plowback Inst Instructor in TV-2s @ ATU-213. Beak & 5 of us new ENS, reported together to VF-94 in Alameda in Aug of '58, to the great dismay of the cruise-returning, seasoned veteran VF-94! :rolleyes:
BzB & 2,512 others designated in '58

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
WOW, good find Cat...brought back mem's of my Bee County Bash Jan-July '58, TV-2 & F9F-8. Total night life...burgers+ at Maples Drive-In, 4 N/Cs & case of Lone Star @ Texas Drive-In movie, San Antonio or 'Cripus Corsti' weekends. Even managed a couple of weekend jaunts to charm the Senoritas in Nueva Laredo, Mexico!:D

Two of the photos at the top of the scroll, are of ex-POW (then LTjg) CAPT Dick "Beak" Stratton, at that time a plowback Inst Instructor in TV-2s @ ATU-213. Beak & 5 of us new ENS, reported together to VF-94 in Alameda in Aug of '58, to the great dismay of the cruise-returning, seasoned veteran VF-94! :rolleyes:
BzB & 2,512 others designated in '58

Us NavCads over at Corpus flying Spads spent lots of weekends in Matamoros, Reynosa, and the aforementioned Nuevo Laredo ...best tacos ever!! :D
Banty & 1412 others designated in '62

Status
Not open for further replies.