• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Rondebmar,
If you convert it to an MP3, you should be able to upload it to most file hosting sites (http://www.filefactory.com/) depending on file size. There are a bunch of free file hosting sites here: http://www.audiohostings.com/

Then just post a link of the file here.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Hi guys ...just yesterday I posted out to Steve the audio disc in question ...Hugh's original disc ...(made a copy for myself) ...should arrive at Steve's place NLT Tues or so ...ready for him to convert & post up to a hosting site ...(thanks for the info, ea6B ...but the Ordnance folks have my six covered ....as always ...LOL!!))​

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Follow up. Are RAST approaches/currency part of your DLQs?

Approaches are part of currency and and Free Deck landings are part of the currency. You could technically be Clear Deck qual'ed and still go to the boat, but operationally, no one cares about being Clear Deck qual'ed since a Free Deck is the "harder" of the two.

Actual RA landings are a different animal, with various schools of thought on how to manipulate the instruction depending on how broke dick the gear is on the boat's side.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
Some photos by a guy I follow on Photobucket.

_MG_1880.jpg
by davechng

_MG_6756n-1.jpg
by davechng

IMG_6817n-1.jpg
by davechng

navyao

Ahhh, yes... Caught on tape...

Holy $hit! My Phrog Crew Chief friend and I preflighted the a/c I was going to fly on one night at Quantico. I noticed how all the lines in the overhead were leaking hydraulic fluid and asked him why; he told me, "If it ain't leaking it's empty." Seeing that fire I'm surprised it didn't engulf the entire airplane immediately. Wow!

phrogpilot73

Holy $hit! My Phrog Crew Chief friend and I preflighted the a/c I was going to fly on one night at Quantico. I noticed how all the lines in the overhead were leaking hydraulic fluid and asked him why; he told me, "If it ain't leaking it's empty." Seeing that fire I'm surprised it didn't engulf the entire airplane immediately. Wow!
Actually, a lot of fittings in our hydraulic systems are pressure sealed and therefore allowed to leak when there's no pressure on the system. It is true, if it isn't leaking - it's empty. That fire was started when a pinhole leak in a line (not in a fitting) was shooting atomized hydraulic fluid into the generator. Whole 'nother story there.

navyao

Actually, a lot of fittings in our hydraulic systems are pressure sealed and therefore allowed to leak when there's no pressure on the system. It is true, if it isn't leaking - it's empty. That fire was started when a pinhole leak in a line (not in a fitting) was shooting atomized hydraulic fluid into the generator. Whole 'nother story there.

I can only imagine...what a mess! By the way, are you still a Phrog pilot or have you made the transition to the 22?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Several years ago, my car had a loose fitting on a transmission cooling line that leaked and made red puddles like that- big red puddles that made it look like I had hit a cat or some other varmint... :rolleyes:

Flugelman

Contributor
Yes, we used to say the same thing about fluids~

7548979754_947b7e2e0e_b.jpg

Back before NAS Dallas was closed I was in the NEX there and ran across a P3 FE from my old squadron VX-1. He was now in a VRF squadron and was cross training on H3's.

He told me the story of doing a preflight with an experienced PC/flight mech and the guy tells him, "This bird isalmost down."

"What do you mean ALMOST?" he asks.

"Well, if you can't climb to the rotorhead because of all the hydraulic leaks, then the bird is DOWN!" was the reply.

This picture illustrates that concept perfectly. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.