• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
QF-4E from Tyndall - flew in a Heritage Flight with a P-51 and A-10 at last year's Cleveland National Air Show.

KCLE_72-1494_QF-4E.jpg

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That F4 is bad-assed, like a classic muscle car!

You got that right, hlg. The venerable 'badass' pfantum could flash by anything airborne (except the KA-3/6/7, KC-10/130/135 et al.)!
Whale Feeding F-4B.jpg

I've been told that max endurance for a fully fueled F-4 @ 100%, full blowers, at SL. is ~8-10 minutes. Catmando you got lotsa' F-4 green ink high-speed, low-level egress hours, does that compute?:confused:
BzB

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
You got that right, hlg. The venerable 'badass' pfantum could flash by anything airborne (except the KA-3/6/7, KC-10/130/135 et al.)!
View attachment 11049

I've been told that max endurance for a fully fueled F-4 @ 100%, full blowers, at SL. is ~8-10 minutes. Catmando you got lotsa' F-4 green ink high-speed, low-level egress hours, does that compute?:confused:
BzB
Just like an old muscle car, pass anything but the gas station or tanker. ;)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I've been told that max endurance for a fully fueled F-4 @ 100%, full blowers, at SL. is ~8-10 minutes.:confused:
BzB

That's not actually that far off the mark for a legacy Hornet in MAX AB. I've flown 0.6-ish BFM hops that were logged liberally to help out OPS, including 10-12 min transit each way.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
View attachment 11049

BzB
I think it was 12 minutes. But that also was with the additional 600 gallon centerline drop tank!

BTW, I never ran out of gas. But I came close many times, as did many. You could suck her dry in a heartbeat, and in the heat of battle. Some great guys I know were not so lucky. And of those that made it RTB, I know a number who flamed out before the refueling pits. :eek:

[ps: 'pfantum' my ass, bzb! It is the McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Multirole Fighter that is regarded as one of the more successful fighter designs of all time! LINK]​
:D

f4spook.jpg Spook_1000.jpg

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I think this speaks for itself...

180258_3420250986111_1669989941_n.jpg

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hows come that beady-eyed, evil looking Phantom guy looks like he's flashin' a schoolyard?:oops:
BzB

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's not actually that far off the mark for a legacy Hornet in MAX AB. I've flown 0.6-ish BFM hops that were logged liberally to help out OPS, including 10-12 min transit each way.

Using re-heat judiciously – which we trained to do, if adrenalin didn't overcome us – we could make our 17,000# of JP-4 last for about an hour for ACM – Air Combat Maneuvering training (what later and is now regrettably called "BFM" (sounds like a fricken, non-combat bowel movement!!!))

Of course the RED LOW FUEL warning light was always on upon landing at NKX.

tglogbook.jpg

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Air Combat Maneuvering training (what later and is now regrettably called "BFM" (sounds like a fricken, (+1 non-combat bowel movement!!!))

BFM = Basic Flight Maneuvering, huh? New PC term for ol' fashioned DOGFIGHTING? Don't want our terrorist enemies to think we're training for...gasp, COMBAT!:eek:
BzB

Status
Not open for further replies.