• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I was going to ask if that was El Centro. Two of them were flying over the rest area on the -8 as I was getting into my car to continue my PCS journey. It was a pretty stormy sky they were flying towards, but they looked sharp.
We're here on det and it's rained for almost a week straight, unheard of! VAQ-129 is here too, apparently this is their last two weeks with Prowlers and they are just trying to finish guys up.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
We're here on det and it's rained for almost a week straight, unheard of! VAQ-129 is here too, apparently this is their last two weeks with Prowlers and they are just trying to finish guys up.

From Thursday on, it's been non-stop on the news about what is essentially some rain and some wind. If you believed San Diegans, the world was about to end.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From Thursday on, it's been non-stop on the news about what is essentially some rain and some wind. If you believed San Diegans, the world was about to end.
Yeah it was pretty rough....
44836257.jpg

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
Crusaders.jpg
F-8C Crusaders of Fighter Squadron (VF) 24 and F-8E Crusaders of VF-211 pictured on the catapults and positioned behind jet blast deflectors during flight operations on board the aircraft carrier Bon Homme Richard (CVA 31) off the coast of North Vietnam on March 3, 1967, forty-seven years ago yesterday. During this cruise, each of these squadrons splashed four North Vietnamese MiG-17 fighters in air-to-air combat.

Homer J

CVA-34.jpg
An overhead view of a crowd gathered on the pier at Naval Air Station (NAS) Alameda, California, as the carrier Oriskany (CVA 34) returns from her fifteenth and final Western Pacific cruise on March 3, 1976, thirty-eight years ago yesterday.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I've always thought they were weird, but in a cool way. Those props must be a nightmare for any mech.

jmcquate

Contributor
Always liked the lines on the Bear. That ebay page seems a little fishy though.........using wiki to describe it makes me want to call "shenanigans".

Homer J

Crusader VF-11.jpg
An F8U-1 Crusader of Fighter Squadron (VF) 11 pictured during a catapult launch from the aircraft carrier Franklin D. Roosevelt (CVA 42) during operations in the Mediterranean Sea on March 10, 1960, fifty-four years ago today.

Status
Not open for further replies.