• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The CRF!!!!

Malice 1

pilot
I'm going on a float to the Peoples Republic of Centralia next week, and my BLT is landing at a village called "camp Barrett".

The Battalion Commander gave us a warning order about the recent actions of the "CRF". They sound like very vicious night fighters, but they like to relax during the day.

Have any of you salty Marines fought the CRF before? Do you have any advice for a young green 2nd LT such as myself? Since they like to move at night, I'm guessing I shouldn't sleep in the buff in my nice bivy sac. I'm guessing the CRF will attempt to attack my company sized bivouac at some point during the night.

Any advice would be appreciated. I have a family at home, and I don't want to come home from Centralia in a pine box. These CRF *******s really need a whoopin' so they stop disturbing the UN humanitarian efforts hosted at "camp Barrett".

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Not a Marine, but I have fought the CRF... just remember the basics of squad/fireteam/platoon movements. Don't try anything fancy. Stick to the basics, keep as good communication as you can and above all, keep the violence of action as high as possible.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Well, the CRF will kick your ass. They know where you are, they know how many of you there are, and they live for the joy of taking 2nd LTs down a notch. You can pursue them all you want, but they will simply dissapear back into the Quantico highlands. I assume you're talking about FEX I, which means primarily squad attacks. You'll be going up against 2-3 man units, usually with "soviet and stolen US small arms, + light mortars (i.e. 1 SAW and M-16s, + arty sims). Work on what you've been taught, and get the most out of the small unit practice. It will come into play when you get going on the platoon package down the road. Its fun stuff, so have a good time.

-the big night attacks won't come until FEX III... thats a fun one. Hope you don't like sleep.

Malice 1

pilot
Shhhh....

It's not "FEX I", it's a UN humanitarian effort for the citizens of centralia....

I'm trying to keep my warrior mindset.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Malice 1 said:
Shhhh....

It's not "FEX I", it's a UN humanitarian effort for the citizens of centralia....

I'm trying to keep my warrior mindset.

ah, in that case, wait until you meet the Montanian regulars later in the POI. The Centralians and the Montanians are truly a force to be reckoned with. Good luck next week! Hopefully it won't rain. We've got a tough week of weapons turn in and the much anticipated battlefield study...

-and listen to the CI critiques after each attack. Those guys know their **** COLD, and will give you some top-notch info that you can use when it comes time for you to give your order(s). They may have a few laughs at your expense- just laugh with them. Everyone make some awesome mistakes, and they want you to learn from them.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Like they said above, you are looking at mainly day squad evolutions followed by squad live fire attacks and a squad live fire night attack (when its dark you freeze and wait for a new illum to go up). Overall it will be a good time just hope it doesn't rain or snow. The nights will be the most restful you will EVER get on a FEX so take it easy at night and make sure you get what you need to done (ie clean your rifle, set up your gear for the next day). You won't see any night attacks until FEX III..

FLY_USMC

pilot
I concur, FEX I is a cakewalk, enjoy it unless it rains. BTW, nut up and carry the saw for your fireteam. During MOUT, I had the privilege of being the lead guy up the stairwell all the way to the thrid floor of the hotel. The same guy who was taking popshots at us from the 2nd floor as we moved to the bldg, turned out to be a civilian. You should've seen the look on his face when my saw came around the entrance to the room he was in and unloaded like 10 rounds. The echo in MOUT from the saw is awesome, plus he screamed, making a dead civilian all the more worth it.

BTW, there are some things you could never pay me to do again, a 6.5 hour night movement to contact for a sunrise assault is one of them, I pity the poor fools who didn't have GPS that night. The biatching could be heard for miles through the hills of Quantico that night.

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
Haha, I was a student platoon commander for one of said assaults/movement to contact at night with just a 1:50000 map and a red flashlight and friggin' 60 guys and girls behind me....needless to say we got lost..I wasn't the favorite person of most that night...haha, I laugh now...

Whalebite

There is no CRF, my platoon destryoed them. I beleive you are facing Chuck Norris masqurading as an entire platoon of the enemy, he can do that. Ya Fex 1 is cake unless it rains....for days straight....the worst thing is putting on cold or wet boots in the morning. Also night movement for dawn raid without GPS, ya that was horrible. Trying to wade through prickers (that were self aware) using a compass and pace count, was impossible.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I will never forget the morning I woke up at R-5. It was literally the coldest air I had ever felt. And it didn't help that my feet were completely frozen - had a bit of frostbite in my toes.

If it's really cold during FEX I (and it most likely will be, I'm sure they put the order in weeks ago), UnderArmour is good stuff during the day. Just make sure you take it off when you're in the bag at night. No kidding, I knew guys who slept completely naked and were nice and toasty in their bags, while the ones wearing clothes in the bag froze.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
P_ubhi18 said:
Speaking of FEX I, Bravo Co. is freezing their nuts off out there as we speak...screw the cold!

On a positive note, its supposed to hit 70 by Thursday... lucky *******s.