• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Book "Airwarriors", by Douglas Waller

flygirlA47474

applicant PLC air-jrs 2006
I have been looking all over the internet for the book Airwarriors. I cannot find it to buy on Amazon, ebay, or in a google search. I really want to read this book and I was wondering if anyone owned it and wanted to sell it to me. If you don't want to sell it then I wanted to borrow it, I will return it. Or if anyone knew of a place to buy it pleeeeasssseee inform me.

BLUE SKIES!!!:)
Semper Fi

rare21

pilot
Contributor
PM me, and if you pay for shipping i'll send it off to you..i've tried to sell it on ebay but no luck.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Related tale...I was travelling through St. Louis on a business trip to McDonnel Douglas and found a fat notebook full of notes at the airport.
It was Doug Waller's notes for that book. I got in touch with him and returned. You'd think I'd get a freebie. Not even a phone call thank you.... Parump.

/threadjack

Back to the "pleeeeasssseee inform me pleading"....

r/
G

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Schnugg said:
Related tale...I was travelling through St. Louis on a business trip to McDonnel Douglas and found a fat notebook full of notes at the airport.
It was Doug Waller's notes for that book. I got in touch with him and returned. You'd think I'd get a freebie. Not even a phone call thank you.... Parump.

Figures. You might have done us all a service by shit-canning the notes. :) I bought the book years ago --- and got rid of it. I found it to be a thunderous bore. That's just me, however .....

Crowbar

None
A4sForever said:
Figures. You might have done us all a service by shit-canning the notes. :) I bought the book years ago --- and got rid of it. I found it to be a thunderous bore. That's just me, however .....

No need to pay money for that rag, that's why I recommended the library. For those who haven't read it, it's like "Titanic," a real substantial learning point turned into a collection of personal trials, failures, and successes. Too much "he loved to ride his motorbike as much as he loved life itself" drivel for me.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I didn't think it was too bad. I read it after I finished PLC Sr's while waiting around for TBS. It was some decent information with a little "maverick" mixed in. I did, however, skip a few chapters because it was nothing but jets/ego/boring (kinda like puting the cart before the horse is how I thought of it), but the flight school part of the book was outstanding. Yeah things have changed since he wrote the book (early 90's I think?) but it still provided some insight towards flight school (ie, what API entails, how primary is ran etc etc). The first third of the book goes into API and primary in detail and I enjoyed those chapters. If anything it set my mind at ease before shipping to TBS and flight school and helped kill some time

B

Blutonski816

Will agree with the others, just find it at the library... read it when I was 14... answered a lot of questions, but in the end, was pretty boring...
Plus almost half the book is about Advanced Jets and the Hornet RAG... nothing that's truly helpful... or terribly interesting either...

saltpeter

I'll sum the book up for you, Two dudes go to DET Key West and talk about how the Navy used to be. They talk about how wild and crazy they used to be and how the Navy won't let them be killers and how newbies are all mouses. Two studs listen to their drivel intently. They speak of how women throw themselves at their feet. Then they go home ALONE, THE END. I think one of these lady killers had an inverse mohawk, alot of hair on the sides, none on top.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
saltpeter said:
I'll sum the book up for you, Two dudes go to DET Key West and talk about how the Navy used to be. They talk about how wild and crazy they used to be and how the Navy won't let them be killers and how newbies are all mouses. Two studs listen to their drivel intently. They speak of how women throw themselves at their feet. Then they go home ALONE, THE END. I think one of these lady killers had an inverse mohawk, alot of hair on the sides, none on top.

HEY !!!! Sounds like someone stole the plot-line for my upcoming autobiography. Figures .... what a rip-off. :(

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I liked the book. It wasn't all that thrilling, but it was worth the time to read it. I have found it at Border's and Barnes & Noble stores. Usually in the Military section.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Blutonski816 said:
Will agree with the others, just find it at the library... read it when I was 14... answered a lot of questions, but in the end, was pretty boring...
Plus almost half the book is about Advanced Jets and the Hornet RAG... nothing that's truly helpful... or terribly interesting either...

Not to mention that the book is getting dated . . . the Clintonesque women-in-the-military angle is especially overplayed, at least by today's standards.