• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The BIG 4 on AirWarriors

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
This is for the webmaster:

I think it would be a good idea to maybe post like, daily or random questions about the BIG 4 for many of us that are trying to prepare for OCS. A lot of us go to this site everyday, and I think you could kill two birds with 1 stone if you possibly were able to think of how to post some questions of the BIG 4. Maybe at the top of the forum, a banner would read:

"What is the Seventh General Order of a Sentry?"

And then, after about 10 seconds passed,

"Sir/Ma'am, the second general order of a sentry is to Talk to no one except in the line of duty."

What do you think? Just an idea....

D

Undertow

The proper way to answer is "Sir/Ma'am, my seventh general order is, to talk to no one except in the line of duty, Sir/Ma'am".;) At least that's how we were taught in book camp. Study your general orders ALLOT!!!!

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
OK, Is it the second or seventh General Order? And DMAC had the correct way to respond except for getting the 2nd and 7th messed up.

Dave

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It's funny, I thought the big four was:

Control Nr
Contingency power on
Establish safe single engine airspeed
Identify the malfunction.

Guess not.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Yeah, I did mess up the 2nd and 7th there. I was going to type out the 2nd general order of a sentry, but I thought it would be easier to type out the seventh. I guess that's what I get for taking shortcuts!!!

Patmack, Great idea!!!!.... already done though, but I don't think I've even looked at them yet. I need to get motivated!!!

D

jaerose

If you haven't looked over them yet, then maybe you aren't getting enough fiber...he, he! Get it...on the crapper...fiber = regular! Geeze, tough crowd!

JR

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
I thought it was:
COLLECTIVE: Maintain Nr
AIRSPEED: As required
PICKLE: As desired
SPEED CONTROL LEVERS:ADJUST

Q

Marine Helo Pilot

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Obviously, Q-Ball, you're all wrong. Sheesh, your steps aren't even in the right order!
icon_smile_wink.gif

Q-ball

Marine CH-53E Pilot
pilot
nope, 60's are just backwards. Just look at your tailrotor, it's on the wrong side.

Q

Marine Helo Pilot

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
In all seriousness, is there something in the NAMP about Marines not washing their helos? I'm amazed at the layers of exhaust and dirt that's all over the -53Ds. I understand they don't operate in the same environment (our birds get baths every 7 days for corrosion control), but I'd think they'd wash them at least sometimes.

And no, actually it's on the "right" side.

Status
Not open for further replies.