• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Big 4 Flash cards

badger16

None
For those of you learning the 14 leadership traits just say to your self

J J did tie buckle

Judgment Justice Dependability Initiative Decisiveness Tact Integrity Endurance Bearing Unselfishness Courage Knowledge Loyalty Enthusiasm.

Just in case you were having problems remembering them all.
Good Luck!
Cheers.

peter.farr

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Thanks for the gouge. I've got a year before shipping up to Newport; lots of time to memorize all of this.

Travis2688

http://www.ocs.navy.mil/memorization.asp#GeneralOrders

the general orders on OCS's site are slightly different....

for instance, on number 6 on OCS's site it says, "To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck, and Officers and Petty Officers of the watch only." On the above PPT file it says.. "Receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry that relieves me, all orders from the commanding officer, command duty officer, officer of the deck, and officers and non-commissioned officers of the watch only"

...any advice as to which one is correct??

peter.farr

Fightin' Texas Aggie
I believe that the wording on the OCS site is correct. About.com and a few other sites had the same "Navy" version.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
One version is for the Navy and the other is modified to fit the Marine Corps chain of command. I don't know, but I would speculate that Marine DI's want to hear their version, and any Navy Chief you see may want to hear the Navy version. Just do what you know and suffer the consequences. Or learn both. Either way, if they want to, they will find some way to prove you "wrong" ;) Good luck.

CenixOne

SNA FS, DA
Contributor
Question for the recent OCS grads. How often were you asked to repeat this information? (Chain of Command, General Orders, Etc.)