• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The best CQ patch ever?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Nice-
The guys ahead of me had one for their Det on the Bush that said, "Mating mustaches with landing strips". That was also pretty epic.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
I liked one on the patch board of the paraloft in kingsville, had a stripper wearing a g suit and holding the pickle over her head and it said "since it's your first time I'll show you where to put it"

Yeah all the funny sexual CQ patches have been taken down in Kingsville, and we are moving forward into a new era, CQ patch-wise. This happened a few months ago. I'm surprised it took this long to be honest.

Renegade One

None
Yeah all the funny sexual CQ patches have been taken down in Kingsville, and we are moving forward into a new era, CQ patch-wise. ...
No worries…it's more about the qual than the class patch…I'm pretty sure the "Long, Thin, Blue Line" of your NA predecessors would agree...

Here's "A Nickel on the Grass" to all of them…and all of you. :)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Our "unofficial" one was the silhouette of a fat chick, crossed out with a tailhook. I can't remember what it said on it, but eventually it made someone cry and a couple people got in trouble, in spite of our bro agreement to never wear them outside of the boat (which was broken hence the hurt feelings).

CAMike

None
Contributor
Yeah all the funny sexual CQ patches have been taken down in Kingsville, and we are moving forward into a "Politically Correct" era, CQ patch-wise. This happened a few months ago. I'm surprised it took this long to be honest.

FIFY. It's so incredibly disappointing to see the PC progressive disease weaken todays USN Officer Corp. Why the o-7's and above stand idly by on this issue is more interesting than the topic itself.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
FIFY. It's so incredibly disappointing to see the PC progressive disease weaken todays USN Officer Corp. Why the o-7's and above stand idly by on this issue is more interesting than the topic itself.

What Flag Officer is willing to throw himself (and his career) on a sword for someone's patch?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
"Go along to get along" is the name of the game today.

"Keep my head down, maintain status quo, make it to retirement. . ." is the mantra of so many "successful" members of the O-4 and above crowd.

And that's sad.

As Keith Richards put it, "It's not just about living forever. You've gotta be able to live with yourself."

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
"Go along to get along" is the name of the game today.

"Keep my head down, maintain status quo, make it to retirement. . ." is the mantra of so many "successful" members of the O-4 and above crowd.

And that's sad.

As Keith Richards put it, "It's not just about living forever. You've gotta be able to live with yourself."

Your statement ignores a lot of guys who aren't like that. Groupthink like yours also helps perpetuate the same as the guys you are bitching about.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I didn't say they were all like that, but I implied it's a significant fraction and I stick to that assessment. My experience has led me to this conclusion and I'm willing to concede that I may benefit from a larger sample size; regardless, the conclusion is my own and not some groupthink because I think it makes me cool and tough.

Bitching about guys I see as part of the problem may somehow contribute to the problem (?), but it seems like it should eventually lead down a more productive path than ignoring the issue and telling the emperor his new clothes are quite fetching. Just because there are awesome dudes wearing stars or leaves out there doesn't, to me, mean we should act like they're all that way in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary.