• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The ASTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swigs

Could anyone inform me of the new break down for the test. I know the new sections but I would also like to know the number of problems per section vs. the time per section.

Thankyou

sirenia

Sub Nuke's Wife
Swigs said:
Could anyone inform me of the new break down for the test. I know the new sections but I would also like to know the number of problems per section vs. the time per section.

Thankyou

PART I - MATH SKILLS TEST (MST) 25-minute time limit-consists of 30 questions containing sentence comprehension and math (simple algebraic equations, geometric relationships, and trigonometry). Time management is a large factor on this portion; applicants that have studied a little find the math reasonable but do not complete the question because of time.

PART II – READING COMPREHENSION TEST (RCT) 25-minute time limit-consists 27 questions in a passage format, which should assume to be true followed by 4 possible choices. For each item, you will select the choice that can be inferred only from the passage itself. Some or all of the choices following the passage may be true or reasonable, but only the one of them can be derived solely from the information in the passage.

PART III - MECHANICAL COMPREHENSION TEST (MCT) 15-minute time limit-consists of 30 questions dealing with the principles of basic physics as employed in levers, gears, pulleys, simple machines, electrical circuits, as well as work, force and distance problems. This is another portion where the serous website gouge studying will pay off.

PART IV - SPATIAL APPERCEPTION TEST (SA) 10-minute time limit-consists of 25 questions testing the ability to determine an aircraft's attitude of relative position from several illustrations (pilot's eye view) of the horizon. Do not spend too much time studying for this portion, it just boils down to visual perception of 3 things: plane’s direction (toward land or out to sea), banking (right/left/straight by wing angle) and the plane’s body (climbing/diving/level).

PART V - AVIATION AND NAUTICAL INFORMATION TEST (AN) 15-minute time limit-consists of 30 questions concerning aviation and nautical knowledge, showing an interest in Naval Aviation.

PART VI - AVIATION SUPPLEMENTAL TEST (AN) 25-minute time limit-consists of 34 questions concerning miscellaneous skills and abilities relevant to performance of aviation training. Specifically it deals with a combination of the previous parts and simple math, aviation, nautical information questions.

Hope this helps. It is straight from my recruiter.

rrnavy

sirenia, thanks for that web site, it has alot of the stuff I was looking for.

P.S. I know I cant spell, especialy when I am in a rush!

Status
Not open for further replies.