• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Texas Gov Perry

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
God Bless Texas.

Pictures of Gov Perry taken during a visit to LaRue Tactical. Word is he shoots sub MOA groups too.

Big ups to the Great State of Texas for electing a real shooter.......

P5149180.jpg

P5149299.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

P5149374.jpg

P5159429.jpg

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Maybe he is getting ready for the upcoming secession of his state.:)

Maybe. Or maybe he's going to spend a little time down by the border. :D

I don't know anything about his politics but I do like his hat. (and his choice of toys)

Bevo16

pilot
In all honesty, Governor Perry is gearing up for the fight of his political life.

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison is not going to be running for another term, and is going to be running for governor instead. She has a VERY good chance of knocking him off in the Republican primary, and that will guarantee her the job.

Rick Perry is already looking for a soft landing spot. Just this past weekend, the President of Texas A&M University resigned following a brutal and public performance review by Mike McKinney, the A&M University System Chancellor. McKinney was Governor Perry's Chief of Staff for all of his first term, but is more famous in Texas for getting his ass kicked by another aggy in the football stadium at Texas Tech following one of their football losses there. McKinney was the father of one of the aggy offensive linemen, and was trying to hit some Tech fans with his binoculars after the game. Another aggy punched him out, but McKinney tried to blame his "assault" on a Tech fan. Video proved otherwise.

alamomike.1.jpg

Anywho.... McKinney had recently suggested that to "save money" he could combine the jobs of System Chancellor and President of the A&M main campus (they need to save money, because it was just discovered that aggy athletics is deep in debt and they owe the university 16 million dollars to repay a shady loan). So, McKinney has already run off the current president and it seems that the plan is well in motion. Speculation is that he will combine the jobs until Gov. Perry becomes unemployed, at which point McKinney will make himself president of the campus in Collie town so that Perry can slide into the Chancellor spot.

As for the gun and "secession" talk, you can't be a successful politician in Texas without being pro-gun. I think the other stuff is just to try to whip up support and try to stay of the front page while he is trailing Sen. Hutchison in the polls. It's all good though. Good press for LaRue, and Texas is on the right side of the gun laws.

An interesting bit of trivia,

Rick Perry was a "yell leader" (aggy's male cheerleaders) while at Texas A&M.
Kay Bailey Hutchison was a cheerleader when she was at Texas.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
:D I was timing it. Just over an hour from post to mention of A&M. Not bad for a work day. I thought maybe the Air Force might come up too but no joy.

I really knew nothing about the guy until I googled him up after seeing these pics. I do know this, the Govenor of NC would never be caught anywhere near a black rifle. To bad. I've taken a lot of anti gunners shooting. They always have a blast.

Bevo16

pilot
OK, in the top picture Gov. Perry is obviously shooting something chambered in 5.56, but the one second from the bottom is NOT the same rifle. That's a 7.62X51 rifle setup, and I don't see anything like that on the LaRue site. Something tells me that they may be getting ready to make a splash in the 7.62 market. Me likey!!!

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
OK, in the top picture Gov. Perry is obviously shooting something chambered in 5.56, but the one second from the bottom is NOT the same rifle. That's a 7.62X51 rifle setup, and I don't see anything like that on the LaRue site. Something tells me that they may be getting ready to make a splash in the 7.62 market. Me likey!!!

Right you are. Good eye. They call it OSR 7.62 Rifle (Optimized Sniper Rifle) I got a flyer on it in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Maybe an email too. I know it was introduced at this years Shot Show.

It has it's own website now (when you get there click on View More Images as well)

http://larueosr.com/laruetacticalstealthosroptimizedsniperriflecomplete762rifle.aspx

Defense Review will tell you a little more about where it came from...

http://www.defensereview.com/larue-...mized-sniper-rifle-762mm-sniper-carbinerifle/

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Damn, I need to move to Texas. The last bastion of common sense where everyone is treated as adults and expected to act as such. What an amazing concept.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!

Third picture from the top you can see it in the background.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe it's the NRA instructor in me...but those are some nice safety glasses...sitting on the bench.

IMG_6862.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Move to Austin/ Central Texas. Everywhere else just sucks.
Oh not so fast, young grasshopper ... I'd move to Austin, Fredricksburg, and the so-called 'Hill Country' ... and everywhere SOUTH of that line .... and thoroughly enjoy it.

And I've lived and breathed in Tejas for the better part of @ 15 years ... :)