• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Texan or T-34?

sundevil_av8r

pilot
only thing I will add to gregsivers is that if you are an NFO you will also fly the T-6 for the contact stage of your primary.

seriously though they have been telling us for a while that the T-6 was just around the corner and would be here soon...now they are forcasting that the FIRST T-6s won't hit Whiting or CC till about 2008/2009 at the earliest...

has there been an update to that timeframe? or is it still 08/09?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
jamnww said:
only thing I will add to gregsivers is that if you are an NFO you will also fly the T-6 for the contact stage of your primary.

Also if Marine NFO's are interested, you fly the T-6 for Primary AND your Instrument phase (intermediate)....

Along with VNAVS and forms. Also, instruments start in primary.

S.O.B.

pilot
Studying all the T-34 stuff in advance isn't the best plan... you might just show up in time for the next natops change.

I disagree; if you’re interested in the material then study ahead. It certainly can’t hurt. The aircraft is what 30 years old? I don’t think there will be any earth shattering NATOPS changes.

Jay

Once again, hate to break the news to some of you, but I'll go ahead and remind you....in case your forgot......YOU DON'T GET JETS OUT OF API......for christ's sake.

S.O.B.

pilot
Once again, hate to break the news to some of you, but I'll go ahead and remind you....in case your forgot......YOU DON'T GET JETS OUT OF API......for christ's sake.

Correct……but you can get ships.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
In all seriousness, you almost have to try to fail api.

I know plenty of people who were trying as hard as they could to get through...some people just don't do well with those types of tests...don't downplay the academics at API...may have been easy for you but with the number of people who get booted from there it clearly isn't for everyone...