• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Testing for Recruiter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivvyman

I have been looking to apply into the OCS program recently. I just finished my sophomore year of college, so I have another 2-3 years before I would actually have my OCS date set.

I have a question regarding the application/physical requirements. At what point do you workout for your recruiter? Is it before you submit your application, or is it afterwards, when you have already been accepted. I'm sure this sounds a little stupid, but basically, I'm trying to figure out how much time I have between now and whenever I submit my application/papers, and take the test. If I contact the recruiter on Monday, how long are we looking at till I have to perform the pushups, situps, and 1.5 mile run?

Also, what are competitive numbers, I'd prefer to be hitting Low-Excellent, but in order to do this, I would need rougly 3 months or so (mainly for the running). I could max out the pushup/situp chart in a month or so, but the running will take some time.

Thanks,
- Mike

CLAM97to99

It depends on your OSO but generally you get pro-rec'd then you do your physical, PRT, and EPSQ. The minimum you have to get on the PRT is good-low.

shivvyman

I'm assuming Pro-rec'd means that I have been officially selected for OCS? Or is that not the case?

How long does the application process/testing usually take from start to finish? I'm sure it varies from person to person, but what might be a general time frame from the day I talk to the recruiter, to the day I end up being selected and then working out for him?

Also, what is EPSQ stand for?

Sorry, this topic has gone a little away from what it was intended to be.

DairyCreamer

NICE :)

Living at high altitude has its priviliges too :) Good-Low here for 20-24 is only 13:05. Of course... that whole, umm, lack of oxygen thing too :icon_tong

~Nate

Michael Webb said:
Man, if I wait a few months till I turn 25, a good-low run is like 12:45, I think I could probably speed-walk a 12:45...........any wagers?

CLAM97to99

Michael Webb said:
Man, if I wait a few months till I turn 25, a good-low run is like 12:45, I think I could probably speed-walk a 12:45...........any wagers?

I'll take you up on that one. Remember in order for it to be considered a walk you have to have one foot on the ground at all times.

CLAM97to99

I wouldn't have taken you up on it but I tried it out yesterday (only 1 lap). But then again I am not that fast: 25 years old 12 min 1.5 mile.

CLAM97to99

They hire tons of people from my university to go and do that during the summer (fight fires not fly). It’s a good way to make money especially if you like camping. I got burned out on camping on all my time as a Boy Scout and scoutmaster so was never really that interested. I love being out side but want a bed to sleep in at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.