• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Teslas in U-2 land?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Can't wait to see the insurance claim when one of those fall-away wheels smacks that Tesla in the windscreen!

pelexecute

pilot
None
http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/news/a27570/air-force-tesla-u-2-spy-plane/

@huggyu2, @pelexecute, you guys getting some new rides? Must be nice to be able to put a Model S on Uncle's credit card. :D

Not permanently, but we have rented some to use as mobiles at temporary detachments. I don't know if it's in writing, but the chase car obviously needs good acceleration. So, muscle cars are not used simply because they look cool. One of our permanent dets uses BMWs with right-side steering wheels; very James Bond-ish.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did love seeing the Camaros with USG plates at al Dhafra. Got to ride along for a landing too.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did love seeing the Camaros with USG plates at al Dhafra. Got to ride along for a landing too.

I remember hearing a story about one of the chase cars getting stopped by USAF SF when they tried to drive out to the runway one day.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
After being detained after getting specific permission from SF to get on the flightline in our GOV Dodge POS last week, I don't doubt it.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I like my piece of shit. :D
Don't worry about it, he doesn't even have a piece of shit, he has to envy yours :D

maxresdefault.jpg