• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Terrified - Entering OCS In Two Days

mcsaugust

I'm heading up tomorrow and probably waiting until Sunday morning to report. I'm a first timer in the military and just so extremely nervous! I have been working out so hard but the last week I feel so week and when exercising just haven't been able to perform my best. I know you get put into holding or something if you fail PFT's...I don't really know if that's an actual place or a condition...but if you fail in the middle of training are you also placed out? Do you have infinite chances? If I make a mistake is my whole team going to hate me? I know I won't give up and someday I'll graduate but for now, is there anything to do with this anxiety?

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Relax. Once you realize that it's going to suck and there's not much you can do about it, you'll feel better.

If you're still uneasy about all of this, bring some lube.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Your anxiety is normal. Here are two things to think about:

1. The adrenaline that will be flowing through your body will help boost your PT performance. Fear is a great motivator.

2. Tens of thousands of people have succesfully completed the program before you. If they can do it, so can you.

Good luck.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
I'm heading up tomorrow and probably waiting until Sunday morning to report. I'm a first timer in the military and just so extremely nervous! I have been working out so hard but the last week I feel so week and when exercising just haven't been able to perform my best. I know you get put into holding or something if you fail PFT's...I don't really know if that's an actual place or a condition...but if you fail in the middle of training are you also placed out? Do you have infinite chances? If I make a mistake is my whole team going to hate me? I know I won't give up and someday I'll graduate but for now, is there anything to do with this anxiety?

It's not as hard as you're making it out to be. Everybody makes mistakes at OCS. Sometimes you didn't do anything wrong at all and still get blamed for it. There is nothing there worth being nervous about. PT tests are not as hard as people make them out to be if you've prepared before you came. Even if you didn't prepare well they will get you where you need to be. If that means you go to H Class and get remediated physically then that's what it means.

Just take a break and stop exercising. Rest up the best you can. Turn on the tv and call your friends and family. If you show fear there then they will focus in on you and thrive off that. So just show up not having any and you're good to go. I don't understand why people are scared of anything there. It's not scary. Getting beat by the DI isn't scary. It just sucks.

Don't work yourself over on this. Plenty of folks get through without any problems at all. If you get held just keep moving forward and learn as much as you can while you're there.

The one thing I noticed while at OCS that I think is important to pass down is be confident. It seemed like the DIs and CPOs didn't mess with those who were confident and just let things roll off their backs as much as those who were definitely scared.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Terrified? What everyone is trying to say is, take the skirt off and harden the fauck up.

Act like you know what's going on, take your lumps, and carry on.

A

AlexSmart

I guess my question is this: Would you rather be anxious and nervous about your future because you are setting sail for a new challenge in life, or would you rather be comfortable and in your bubble because you are living in your same old little town for the foreseeable future?

ajalali

pilot
I guess my question is this: Would you rather be anxious and nervous about your future because you are setting sail for a new challenge in life, or would you rather be comfortable and in your bubble because you are living in your same old little town for the foreseeable future?

holy bajeesus I couldn't have said it any better myself.

just be loud man!

Pugs

Back from the range
None
You should be terrified. Seriously, they are going to rip your balls off and feed them to you and then they get serious!

Ok, now settle down and think about this. How many of us have survived AOCS and now the pussified OCS :icon_wink. Get aboard, follow the rules, do your best and you'll be pinning on the gold bars soon enough and you'll be asking about the gouge on shooting a TACAN point to point with a 100 kt crosswind soon enough.

There is no benefit to the Navy in attritting you. Press on.

rdjarvis

You will do fine. Military training is great fun. You will meet some people you will remember for the rest of your life. Not to mention some of the funniest things you will ever see. As long as you come to terms with knowing everyday will be the worst day of your life, then anything else is an Easy Day....Go Navy! :)

mcsaugust

I honestly find every response to this helpful. Thank you all so much for replying! I'm going tomorrow morning and I'll do my best to keep my emotions in check and use them to push me physically. I can't wait to be able to tell you how it turned out; though you probably already know all about it : )