• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Termites in Milton?

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
Recently a guy came by my house that I bought a year ago and asked me if I wanted to renew my termite warrenty. Apperently my house came with a termite treatement that had a one year warrenty. He wants 180 a bucks for another treatment and warrenty extension. Im from illinois and growing up I never knew of anyone who had a termite problem. Is this somethign I need to worry about in this area or is this guy just trying to make a buck. Anyone else get regualr termite treatements on there homes in Milton?
Thanks Joe

Pags

N/A
pilot
no shortage of bugs in florida. if anything, it might keep the "palmetto bugs" at bay.

that being said, look around on the internet.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I'm renting a house here in Milton and I just got a reminder notice (for my landlord) from Terminix about having the termite inspection/spray. So, there may be some merit to that guy stopping by.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
DO NOT let it lapse! Termites are endemic in Florida! That said, "Environmental Security" down there got investigated for watering down their chemicals. Terminix is okay, but you're paying for the brand name. Find a reputable, bonded firm and you'll be okay.

Yes keep it- from Illinois also, and yes you never hear about that back home, but completely different climates and they are supposedly very bad with the climate/moisture in that area. From what we understood with ours, it is more like an insurance policy, and well worth it. We had premier pest control and they were great.