• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tentative FY12 Board Schedule

vsalum

via NYUSN

Apologies if this has been posted already.

ACTIVE

CEC:
16 Jan 2012
21 May 2012
20 Aug 2012

EOD
16 Apr 2012

Intel
19 Mar 2012
20 Aug 2012

PAO
16 Apr 2012

Pilot/NFO/SWO
23 Jan 2012
16 Apr 2012

Specwar
25 Mar 2012

Supply
23 Jan 2012
19 Mar 2012
21 Apr 2012
23 Jul 2012
24 Sep 2012

RESERVES

HR
07 Dec 2011

Intel/IW/IP/METOC
19 Mar 2012
17 Sep 2012

PAO
24 Oct 2011
16 Apr 2012

Supply
23 Jan 2012
23 Jul 2012

Chaplain boards are constantly running, if you want to be one there will always be a board for you.

LLLLL

Are these dates for OCS packages for enlisted personell or just civilian packages? What would be the cut off dates to actually submit the packages?

I am enlisted Navy looking at OCS. I take the ASTB in NOV. My CCC is giving me some strange advice. Do i submit a package listing my three designators I want to go into? My CCC seems to think that I can submit my package at anytime and that there are no actual "board dates" for enlisted commissioing.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
LLLLL - I assume you already have your bachelor's degree and that is why you are looking into OCS. There are set boards now but what your CCC might be thinking is that they are rolling boards and that they are every month or so for popular designators. This used to be the case until recently. Now they tend to be either 1 or 2x per year. If at all possible I would start rounding up all the documentation you need, fill the application out, get your interviews done (1 interview with an officer in each designator you wish to apply for) and have the ASTB be the last piece of the puzzle. If you can take it earlier do so but make sure you are ready. There is tons of gouge on the forum so utilize that to your benefit. Most of the people I have run into know all about STA-21 and nothing about the OCS application process so you might be fending for yourself somewhat.

As far as the next boards..... Many will be happening at the end of Jan and beginning of Feb with an application deadline of 1 month prior. So if you had a completed package, routed and endorsed by mid December you could be in the game for the next set of boards!

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Are these dates for OCS packages for enlisted personell or just civilian packages? What would be the cut off dates to actually submit the packages?

I am enlisted Navy looking at OCS. I take the ASTB in NOV. My CCC is giving me some strange advice. Do i submit a package listing my three designators I want to go into? My CCC seems to think that I can submit my package at anytime and that there are no actual "board dates" for enlisted commissioing.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!
Try posting here: http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...2-sta-21-applicants.35862/page-30#post-668671

and hit up some of the guys who frequent that thread.

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
If he is eligible for OCS he is ineligible for STA-21. He might be able to learn some stuff on that forum but he is better off sticking to the Navy OCS Forum in my opinion.

Oh, and to answer one of your original questions OCS is for both enlisted and civilian as long as you have a bachelor's degree. The boards are for both civilian and enlisted even though different applications are used for each.

LLLLL

Thanks for the info!!I have a BA. I realise that OCS is for both civ and enlisted it just seems my command career counsellors dont know whats going on. This could be an interesting process!

Nov 7 is the earliest I can take the test and if I wait till im prepared I will miss that Jan board you just told me about so i will push on and see what I can make of it. Really appreciate the info, this is going to be a hard road without the career counsellors. If you know where more info is I would really appreciate the advice! I will go to the forum in the link and ask a few people there too.
Cheers!

AT3Macklin

Commissioned 17 AUG 2012
No problem LLLLL! If you have any questions I would be glad to answer any questions you have. In all honesty you should just get the checklist and start filling out the 1420.1b/1 and use the opnavinst 1420.1b to guide you. Between those 2 items you will get most of the information you need to complete the application. It can get confusing and slightly overwhelming without any guidance but you will get through it if you follow the checklist and application! Good Luck!

khuygie88

Relevant to my interests- I'm preparing a package for the Jan 16 CEC panel- does anyone know if I have to have all security clearance documents submitted/reviewed/approved prior to the panel?

Interviewing end of this week- any suggestions or general questions for me? Trying to be prepared as possible.