• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Schedule (Late 2007 - 2008?)

Carno

Insane
You have to live in the barracks unless you are married. Although with the amount of Lt's coming through they may change that...

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
A question about that marriage thing. Let's say I'd be married at some point, but my future wife would still be living down here in Jacksonville to finish up school. I'd probably still be on base or whatnot, but would she/we be eligible for BAH for Jax?

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
A question about that marriage thing. Let's say I'd be married at some point, but my future wife would still be living down here in Jacksonville to finish up school. I'd probably still be on base or whatnot, but would she/we be eligible for BAH for Jax?

Yes. You'd get the Jacksonville BAH, but you would have to live in the barracks at TBS. This is called being a geographical bachelor, or geobach.

Carno

Insane
Yes. You'd get the Jacksonville BAH, but you would have to live in the barracks at TBS. This is called being a geographical bachelor, or geobach.

Nah, I think he'd get Quantico BAH. There's a guy in my plt that is a geobach and he gets Quantico BAH.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
FWIW, when I was a geo-bach at TBS I pulled Quantico BAH - which worked out pretty well. Unless you talk to admin and they say something different I would say you can bet on Quantico BAH.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Sounds good...you know, for so many reasons, I'm glad this forum exists. Just sayin'.

THUNDERBEAST

Mike Company and IFS

Has anyone heard any news regarding flight contracts in Mike Company being able to start IFS. I heard that it was going to be decided by PFT, if you have a decent score you can go, but thats all I have heard. It would be nice to get IFS kicked out instead of doing nothing for the next 3 months.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Has anyone heard any news regarding flight contracts in Mike Company being able to start IFS. I heard that it was going to be decided by PFT, if you have a decent score you can go, but thats all I have heard. It would be nice to get IFS kicked out instead of doing nothing for the next 3 months.

Negative. They aren't letting any new Mike guys do IFS right now. Unfortunately I, based on gouge from OCS, reported in to TBS at about 1400 thinking that Bravo admittance would be based upon PT scores. I was pushed into Mike because I didn't report in before 0900. Nonetheless, I asked about knocking out IFS during the 3 month wait until Charlie picks up but no dice.

Hey, despite what everyone says, Mike Co isn't all that bad; you just have to stay positive.

MettGT

pilot
Negative. They aren't letting any new Mike guys do IFS right now. Unfortunately I, based on gouge from OCS, reported in to TBS at about 1400 thinking that Bravo admittance would be based upon PT scores. I was pushed into Mike because I didn't report in before 0900. Nonetheless, I asked about knocking out IFS during the 3 month wait until Charlie picks up but no dice.

Hey, despite what everyone says, Mike Co isn't all that bad; you just have to stay positive.

Lucky I got into Bravo then...this was the first time they put put a limit on the # of pilot contracts they let check into TBS. They only allowed 90 air contracts, and I literally had to draw straws for one of the last 3 slots.

THUNDERBEAST

I rolled into TBS at 1400 as well and I too was going off of what they said at OCS. Yeah Mike Co really isnt that bad and we do have 3 months so maybe things will change down the road and we will be able to kick out IFS, just trying to stay positive.

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor
Here's the skinny on Marine IFS as of right now. First off, I'm a Delta Grad (04-07) and am currently in IFS. There are two flight schools that are currently contracted to participate in the IFS program here in the Quantico area. One is bigger than the other and the bigger one is chocked full of all sorts of Lt's (meaning different Lt's from different graduating and on-coming TBS companies). It is chocked full and a little skewed right now because the flying weather up here has recently sucked and backed everyone up - to include myself. Those Bravo Co. Lt's that came to complete IFS before their class picked up were pushed into their TBS pickup date and are now flying on the weekends during TBS in order to complete IFS. This is to prevent interference with guys in my position during the week. So it is realigning it's just going to take a little time.

Enter Reasoning: For any incoming into Charlie or even Delta they might make you wait until after TBS just to make things smoother for a number of reasons - to many to type. So if you get thrown into Mike before classing up for your company just stick it out learn the ins and outs of TBS and hit the ground running cause you're going to do a lot.

So if you are contemplating whether to try to do IFS before or after TBS - I suggest after. It's a great way to wind down from the hiatus of Lovely Camp Barrett's daily operations, the hours are way better, and you are not operationally controlled by Mike Co., only administratively . You become the property of Aviation Training Branch on Mainside which is A LOT sweeter of a deal then Mike.

SEMPER FI

UORBulldog

Keep in mind, you'll be going to the airport in Manassas, a good 30 to 40 minutes away from Camp Barrett. I'm glad I got a place up here vice commuting everyday. I've only been back on base once in the last 3 weeks.