• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS OCT 22nd.... who's in?

Reconjoe

Figure I should start getting to know the guys I'm going to be getting sick of for six whole frozen months. Who else knows if they're going down to the Big Suck October 22nd? Maybe some get-together's are in order so we can form the O1 underground movement early this time around?

msandrews

livin' the dream
Yeah, I'll be there. Even got denied PTAD because of the change-of-fiscal-year-budget provision in the PTAD order. I'm not too worried about the cold (i'm from wisconsin) and anyways, my I&I Capt. told me he would have preferred the winter to the heat.

sanders

Spoke to you over PM already... but I am headed up there OCT 22, ready to freeze my butt off. Does anybody know, if I have an October 22 TBS date, is there a possibility of being sent up there earlier to to IFS beforehand? Or is it possible I would be sent up on Oct 22 regardless, and could potentially be stuck in Mike and do IFS and THEN pick up TBS in January or something?

Oh, and msandrews, I am in the same situation with PTAD as you. It sucks.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Spoke to you over PM already... but I am headed up there OCT 22, ready to freeze my butt off. Does anybody know, if I have an October 22 TBS date, is there a possibility of being sent up there earlier to to IFS beforehand? Or is it possible I would be sent up on Oct 22 regardless, and could potentially be stuck in Mike and do IFS and THEN pick up TBS in January or something?

Oh, and msandrews, I am in the same situation with PTAD as you. It sucks.

Some guys are doing IFS prior to the BOC at TBS. The way things have been going 350 officers are present during zero week and that is whittled down to 300 for training day 1. You may hang out in Mike for a while.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I'm not too worried about the cold (i'm from wisconsin) and anyways, my I&I Capt. told me he would have preferred the winter to the heat.

He lied to your ass. Nobody wants to freeze their dick off AND carry a heavier pack. At least you can be somewhat comfortable sleeping in the summertime.

Reconjoe

Yea I got hit with that fiscal year crap to, so unless I figure out some out-in-town job I'm rolling around these 5 months with plenty-o-debt and little to none-mula. Should make maintaining a healthy weight easy enough.... wouldn't want to show up in October with a healthy amount of heat insulating fat right?