• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TBS Differences..

drace

Is the TBS curriculum any different for those who went into OCS on a ground contract versus a flight contract?

TheFurr7198

No you will the same exact thing as the ground guys. Nothing is different. BPT to hide you excitement for flight school because that is frowned upon here. The only thing you can think is Marine Corps Infantry.

drace

Thanks for the info guys. I'll mention the next time whether or not I used the search function before posting a question, I know it can be a little annoying if people ask the same question over and over...

Trev82

pilot
Tonight we're having our MOS mixer and its really the first time as an air contract i'll actually have an opportunity to ask flight related questions and schmooze with pilots. Other than all your thinking about is combat arms and fire and movement/maneuver.

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
Tonight we're having our MOS mixer and its really the first time as an air contract i'll actually have an opportunity to ask flight related questions and schmooze with pilots. Other than all your thinking about is combat arms and fire and movement/maneuver.

Actually, I don't think there are any pilots during the first MOS mixer, at least there weren't when we had ours (Charlie 07). The night that you want is the Aviation Night (actually MAGTF Night according to the schedule).

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot

When you get to Aviation/MAGTF night, don't ask too many questions. While you're in Reasoner getting all your questions answered your ground MOS bretheren are in the green carpet area finishing off the one keg your social chair bought for the entire company and guests.:eek:

Killer2

TRONS!
None
I went to the gound mixer to return the favor. Free beer and cardboard/pizza how can you pass that up. My excuse was "I was futhering my knowledge as a MAGTF officer." ;)

SemperFlyMarine

The CRF's Worst Nightmare
Actually, I don't think there are any pilots during the first MOS mixer, at least there weren't when we had ours (Charlie 07). The night that you want is the Aviation Night (actually MAGTF Night according to the schedule).

Just got back from the MOS mixer (I'm Bravo Co. also), and there was a Phrog pilot there, at least one NFO and another pilot, and our SPC, a C-130 Airplane Commander. So plenty of time to inquire and learn about various parts of USMC aviation. Oh yeah, and nowhere near enough beer or pizza (only ordered two kegs, and the pizza was gone within ten minutes :icon_rage)

Trev82

pilot
ya there were two pilots one ch-46 and another huey pilot who were answering a ton of questions, also an nfo so more than enough info to go around and the cardboard pizza was gone in like 10 mins as semperfly said..good times though.