• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tatoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

1devildoc

Anyone here been granted a tatoo waiver, or know how difficult they are to get? My husband is applying to OCS 184, and has been given a hard time for his tatoos by his OSO. My husband has been in the Navy for 12 years, and we never really considered the tats a big deal, they are a dime a dozen in the Navy. They are not anything crude, he has two, one is on his upper arm, and one is on his calf. The one on the calf seems to be the issue, because is can be seen in PT shorts. He has has pictures taken of them, pictures taken of him in PT gear, had them measured, etc. It really has been quite involved. It is too late now, but would anyone recommend laser surgury removal? Any insight anyone has would be great. Thanks!

mccabe1919

I was given a hard time about my tattoo as well. I had to fill out all kinds of explanations and get a waiver. Here is the deal; the commidant for some reason hates tattoos. The problem is everyone else in the Marines has one so it really isn't a big deal. The tattoo on his calf may be a problem but as long as he has good enough credentials he should be fine. Getting it removed is pointless now though. Don't worry, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be...

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
For all those curious on the USMC policy, look at last weeks Marine Corps Times. It talks all about tatoos and new recruits being turned away from the Corps because of excessive body art. It does not talk about officers but I can guarantee, if its a restriction for recruits then it will be a restriction for officer recruits. Interesting article. Frumby

Attack Pilot
LtCol USMCR

Status
Not open for further replies.