• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tapping the Power of the Chiefs

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He goes on terminal in less than 4 months and has flat out said he has no interest in/willingness to learning / relearning Sked 3.2 / OMMG-NG, or getting all of his various permissions set up on the ship to be involved in anything even as simple as a leave chit, or qualifying / re-qualifying in anything.
Your DH needs to know this yesterday (if they don't already). And I'd also argue that you and your DH need to have a sit-down with the CMC about this. I'm not there, but what you are describing sounds perilously close to dereliction of duty. If a Chief is "flat out" telling a commissioned officer they have no interest in performing things directly related to their job . . . that's unsat, and needs to be stomped out ASAP.

There are two problems here. First is that you as a JO need help/mentorship running your division. The second, more serious, problem is a CPO willfully disregarding accepted standards of professional conduct for CPOs and flaunting that to a commissioned officer. That diminishes the credibility of all the khaki in your unit if it's perceived to be tolerated. Best case scenario for this individual as I see it is a one-way conversation with the CMC, for starters.

As a commissioned officer, your Chief can't "tell you" they're going to gaff things off like that. Short-timer or no, rank is rank. Respect for and deference to a CPOs' professional expertise is one thing. But if the Chiefs' mess or any member of it thinks that they can dictate to a commissioned officer (even the JORG, as you shoes call them), that is something which has to be crushed swiftly and painfully for the sake of good order and discipline.

exNavyOffRec

Your DH needs to know this yesterday (if they don't already). And I'd also argue that you and your DH need to have a sit-down with the CMC about this. I'm not there, but what you are describing sounds perilously close to dereliction of duty. If a Chief is "flat out" telling a commissioned officer they have no interest in performing things directly related to their job . . . that's unsat, and needs to be stomped out ASAP.

There are two problems here. First is that you as a JO need help/mentorship running your division. The second, more serious, problem is a CPO willfully disregarding accepted standards of professional conduct for CPOs and flaunting that to a commissioned officer. That diminishes the credibility of all the khaki in your unit if it's perceived to be tolerated. Best case scenario for this individual as I see it is a one-way conversation with the CMC, for starters.

at every command I was at I worked up until I left, because that is what we are supposed to do, this E-7 is not doing what he should be doing.

azguy

None
He goes on terminal in less than 4 months and has flat out said he has no interest in/willingness to learning / relearning Sked 3.2 / OMMG-NG, or getting all of his various permissions set up on the ship to be involved in anything even as simple as a leave chit, or qualifying / re-qualifying in anything. Getting him to do the checks that require him requires that I hold his liberty and have someone hold his hand in SKED. He's never been on the platform before. I can't say he's taught me nothing, but the biggest thing I've learned is the importance of getting into references and being able to speak with authority on topics so when my guys object that he's telling them things that will get them in trouble I can shut those ideas down with a direct reference.

Sending a PM, but for the JO that may come across this thread one day: this behavior is unacceptable, yet easy enough to fix at the right level.

If you feel in over your head with a Chief, don't let it get this far; engage your DH and other lifelines early and often.