• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Talking to other branches while waiting on OCS application

throwaway78

Would it be detrimental (for my OCS application) to talk to recruiters from other branches while I am still waiting to hear back about my Navy OCS application?

The reason I ask this question is because I submitted a package in late May, the board convened in July, and I still have not heard back. The recruiter told me that OCS would start either in September or October. I have already seen some posts here as well as Reddit of people getting accepted already and they are shipping out either in September or October. I feel like this is not a good sign, and may very well be a sign that I have been rejected.

While I am determinded to become an Officer in the Navy, I am also ok with facing the music and moving on if this is simply not meant to be. Since these Officer applications take so long, I would prefer to at least get the ball rolling then have to start completely from square one after being rejected.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Would it be detrimental (for my OCS application) to talk to recruiters from other branches while I am still waiting to hear back about my Navy OCS application?

The reason I ask this question is because I submitted a package in late May, the board convened in July, and I still have not heard back. The recruiter told me that OCS would start either in September or October. I have already seen some posts here as well as Reddit of people getting accepted already and they are shipping out either in September or October. I feel like this is not a good sign, and may very well be a sign that I have been rejected.

While I am determinded to become an Officer in the Navy, I am also ok with facing the music and moving on if this is simply not meant to be. Since these Officer applications take so long, I would prefer to at least get the ball rolling then have to start completely from square one after being rejected.

Lots of missing details here. Talk to your recruiter and just say you plan on talking to other branches if navy doesn’t work out.