• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Talk to recruiter at school or at home?

Steve24

I'm currently attending school near Cincinnati, OH but I consider my home Cleveland, OH. I have contacted a recruiter here in Cleveland and had short talk with him briefly about BDCP stuff. The main thing is that because I am only entering my sophomore year that I still have a lot of time to get application stuff together. I would most likely submit 28 months out and at that point in time I would be at school. My school has a strong NROTC department and I would imagine that they have some type of recruiter that would deal with the BDCP types. My question to all of you is should I get in contact with a recruiter at school or stick with the one here at home (who I haven't even scratched the surface with to start a relationship yet)?

Thank you in advance from a long time lurker and finally a member...

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
Orrrr you could contact a recruiter right in the middle....say Columbus. I happen to know a great guy if you need help.

Steve24

Another question: The recruiter I have been talking to is a Chief but says he's an officer recruiter. Do officers not recruit other officers?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
My recruiter was a Chief and his replacement was a Senior Chief.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
What about joining your NROTC? If my school has NROTC I would have joined it freshman year.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
There is a thread discussing this EXACT question. Search for it. Long and short of it: People recommend going through whichever location has the higher BAH (since this means more money in your pocket). In my case, I went through my school location since there were many times I had to go to my recruiter and tons of paperwork to deal with, so it was easier to be able to GO to my recruiter instead of being forced to deal with stuff over the phone.

Ultimately, it's up to you. YMMV.

navy09

None
My school has a strong NROTC department and I would imagine that they have some type of recruiter that would deal with the BDCP types.

That's not the case, the two programs are totally independent of each other.

From what I've gathered, your POC would be your OSO for the entire time you're in BDCP.

Lobster

I wouldn't worry about the whole time thing either. I started this whole process the end of my freshman year and really got into it all in the middle of my sophomore year. My application just went into the July board.

Piacevole

Hey, my recruiter is the Chief in Cleveland! He's a good guy. I'm not from Cleveland, but I spend most of my time here which is why I chose to keep all business pertaining to my OCS application here. I would say see a recruiter near the place where you spend most of your time. It will make things easier, especially during the school year.

Steve24

Hey, my recruiter is the Chief in Cleveland! He's a good guy. I'm not from Cleveland, but I spend most of my time here which is why I chose to keep all business pertaining to my OCS application here. I would say see a recruiter near the place where you spend most of your time. It will make things easier, especially during the school year.

Which recruiter are you with? You can PM me or something...