• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Taliban Ambushed

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Night Ambush at close quarters close enough to stab a Taliban in the eye??? that shit is fucking priceless...good post Flash...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice find. Maybe this will get A4's blood cooking a bit.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
You have to admire the[ir] discipline.

Great read. Definitely a good way to start my Saturday morning with my cup of coffee.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
That's excellent journalism & writing by, gulp, the New York Times. Also, that ain't the old "Action" [draftee] Army that fought in Viet Nam. Those guys are good, and, yes, Lt. Justin Smith & Sgt Reese might have excellent careers in the Army if they so choose. Let's all give the Army a Bravo Zulu for that one.

Note: This was 1st Infantry Division - not Green Berets, not Rangers, just fairly standard Army ground pounders. That really says something for where our Army has gotten to over the past 2 decades or so.

badger16

None
That's excellent journalism & writing by, gulp, the New York Times. Also, that ain't the old "Action" [draftee] Army that fought in Viet Nam. Those guys are good, and, yes, Lt. Justin Smith & Sgt Reese might have excellent careers in the Army if they so choose. Let's all give the Army a Bravo Zulu for that one.

Agreed. What struck me was the age. 19, 21, lead by a 2 Lt. Seeing that makes me proud to be part of this generation. I'm just a know nothing Ensign in flight school and this guy is leading dudes (Dudes who are 4-5 years younger then I am) into battle. It's a motivating story that really makes me want to finish up and get my wings so I can maybe have a chance to be up there one day and help these guys/gals out.

...cue Lee Greenwood's "proud to be an American":D

MasterBates

Well...hmmm. Can you say, "SURPRISE, COCKFAG!"

Yes, you can
portdoor_1a.jpg

For the firearm impaired, that's an ejection port cover for an M-16/AR-15. The little door pops open when you fire the weapon or otherwise move the bolt.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/surprise cockfag/erouls/suprisecockfag.jpg

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Night Ambush at close quarters close enough to stab a Taliban in the eye??? that shit is fucking priceless...good post Flash...

Does the Army have its own version of "Semper fu"/MCMAP?

I know the close-combat Martial Arts Center of Excellence weirdos will be all over this like white on rice.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
" The fighter had only been pretending to be dead, the soldiers said. He lunged for Sergeant Reese, who stabbed him in the left eye. " F*&king. Awesome. So much respect for these young marines, it makes me want to get to the fleet to support them that much more.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
" The fighter had only been pretending to be dead, the soldiers said. He lunged for Sergeant Reese, who stabbed him in the left eye. " F*&king. Awesome. So much respect for these young marines, it makes me want to get to the fleet to support them that much more.

I know the Marines are kicking similiar ass, but the story here refers to an army unit

ZekeBathory

Doe-eyed Hopeful