• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tailhook 2010

AGC525

Interesting, the C-130s I've flown on did and I took full advantage. I'll have to ask some of the C-130 pilots I know if that was the norm or not. It'd be disappointing to find out it wasn't... like finding out Santa Clause isn't real or something.

I believe E's and some early H models have the older "honeypot" style.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Look on the bright side. Everybody who went to the flag panel now knows there's a huge asteroid which may or may not hit us in a couple of decades. What a surreal experience.

Annalisa

Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
Everybody who went to the flag panel now knows there's a huge asteroid which may or may not hit us in a couple of decades.

Therefore, I believe the real question for this thread is as follows: what is the Air Warriors plan for this perfidious asteroid? Shouldn't we be appointing an officer in charge of spreading the word at, say, large events having nothing to do with astronomical curiosities?

Seriously though, that guy provided me with the laugh of the whole panel. The asteroid in question (99942 Apophis) was, by the way, only considered a possible significant threat in 2004, with the threat downgraded even further in 2006. The latest, according to Wikipedia:

As of October 7, 2009, the impact probability for April 13, 2036, is calculated as 1 in 250,000. An additional impact date in 2068 was also identified; the impact probability for that encounter is calculated as 3 in a million.

But we should, like, totally stock up on beer just in case, right?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Any chance someone could summarize the big points from the flag panel? I was unable to make it this year.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fail

Sorry, that link is for Hook '09. Watch Tailhook.org, I'm sure they are working on this years summary.