• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TACAMO in Prime Time!

gotta_fly

pilot
Just got this in my email at work and thought others might be interested:

National Geographic Explorer presents "ELECTRONIC ARMAGEDDON"

"Not If, but When... Picture an instantaneous deathblow to the vital engines that power our society -- delivered by a weapon specifically designed NOT to kill humans, but to kill electronics. Its called a High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse or HEMP. This is the story of what could happen when an electromagnetic pulse surges to earth and cripples every aspect of infrastructure by destroying our most depended upon, and therefore vulnerable, aspect of modern society: the electrical grid. While predicting the odds of a nuclear HEMP attack from terrorist groups are less certain, most experts agree that another source of an EMP, the sun, is imminent."

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/could-electromagnetic-pulse-make-u-s-dark/26jck314?from=sharepermalink

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
So I watched it, and they show 30 seconds of a E-6B "scramble", then say that's how the President would communicate with troops in the case of an attack. If this is primetime, you guys must really be hurting for press, huh? ;)

No matter, TACAMO is near the top of my dreamsheet currently.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Suddenly my new glass cockpit looks a little less cool, but I'll take the chance :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
As I understand it, the phone won't be ringing. Sounds like a good day on watch.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
I have some important questions about this video:
1. How do they fill the E-6's presumably enormous fuel tanks with what looks like a small gravity hose?
2. How did that Physicist get the lightning bolts in his hand?
3. How'd they make the simulated EMP take out the USA all the way up through Maine w/o taking out Toronto?

I await your informative answers. :)

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I have some important questions about this video:
1. How do they fill the E-6's presumably enormous fuel tanks with what looks like a small gravity hose?
2. How did that Physicist get the lightning bolts in his hand?
3. How'd they make the simulated EMP take out the USA all the way up through Maine w/o taking out Toronto?

I await your informative answers. :)

1. The small "hose" three minutes in being pulled from the left side was a GPU not fuel.
2. You can't do that? We can.
3. The light from Toronto wasn't from light bulbs. It was the cumulative glow off all the bongs.