• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-Mobile

Pilot123

pilot
Does anyone know about being able to cancel service with T-Mobile if you do not get cell service at base or home? I heard this from someone once but have had no luck so far. Thanks!

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Yea. T-Mobile Fvcked me in 2001 when I was new to Whidbey. I bought the phone when I was on leave and when I got back the service was HORRIBLE. There were only a couple of places on that base where I could get service. One of them was way out on the barracks lawn.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have Temporary-Mobile as well and am looking for a new provider.

Reactions: Tom

red_ryder

None
Forget that service, almost everywhere I've been has had horrible reception. I'm changing up as soon as I'm in.

guim13

I worked for T-MOBILE in college. If you call them and tell them what is going on, they will send someone out to verify your claim. Then they will let you out of your contract. If you didnt buy your phone from t-mobile direct, make sure your out of your contract with the independed vendor.

Rasczak

Marine
Sprint has the best coverage, but their service sucks man...
From everything I've heard....
AT&T is the best.

phrogpilot73

Sprint has the best coverage, but their service sucks man...
From everything I've heard....
AT&T is the best.
Sprint has the best 3G data coverage. Their voice coverage is about the same as everyone else (except T-Mobile). Their customer service is NOTORIOUSLY horrible. SERO plans are dirt cheap (500 min, plus unlimited data & text for $30). AT&T's coverage for voice is comparable to Sprint, and 3G data isn't noticeably worse. Customer Service is only slightly better than Sprint. AT&T has the added benefit of being able to be used overseas. Unlock your phone, and use a prepaid SIM card, then you don't get hit with a $2K phone bill like I did. (it was actually 4 months worth of overseas use on one bill)

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just bit the bullet and paid them off for the early termination. I had to get a new phone due to my blackberry losing parts (they just fell off) and I didn't want to buy a 5th one from them. So it was pay them off and go get an iPhone!

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I think Sprint is giving 10-15% off for military.
All carriers are required to give all federal employees a discount. All you have to do is call up the carrier and reference the "Federal Telecommunications Act 1996" I'm sure one of you "Sea Lawyers" out there will have something to say about this claim. I will admit that I don't have a clue what is written in the Act but ever since a few years back my C.O.B. emailed out saying we should try it. I had the whole office call up to see if it'd work and I know Sprint, Verizon, & Cingular all honored it. Although Verizon was bitchy and wanted a special form filled out and signed by your supervisor...oh well though, that's easy for a discount.

trvsmrtn

pilot
I had t-mobile in milton. I got service at home but nowhere else. I called and informed them of that and they said that as long as I got service at home, I couldn't cancel. I told the lady that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard since it's a MOBILE phone. I only had 3 months left on my contract, so I just cut it down to the cheapest plan they had for that last 3 months and switched. AT&T has a 19% discount for military on service plans, plus you get extra discounts on phones.

BourneID

pilot
I had t-mobile in milton. I got service at home but nowhere else. I called and informed them of that and they said that as long as I got service at home, I couldn't cancel. I told the lady that was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard since it's a MOBILE phone. I only had 3 months left on my contract, so I just cut it down to the cheapest plan they had for that last 3 months and switched. AT&T has a 19% discount for military on service plans, plus you get extra discounts on phones.

AT&T does also offer the discounts on phones and accessories, but they won't honor it in their stores, you have to order it all on online. I accidently Washed my phone in a pair of jeans, so I went online saw the prices of the phones (some free) printed it out and went to the store about a mile away. They said they couldn't give me that price, and didn't see how they could sell it online for that price. Needless to say I was out a phone for a few days, but I ordered online.

jmj996

Congrats, just wanted to add that I was able to get out of our T-Mobile contract AND keep our phone without having to file a complaint with the FTC. I escalated with customer support a few times and was told that according to their map, we have coverage. I persisted and was given an address for T-Mobile customer care. I explained that we started the contract in a different location, and that in our new location (Monterey) after a military move, it was no longer usable. I cut off the service, made them remove all of my autopayment information so that they couldn't charge my credit card for it, and a few weeks after I sent the letter, I got a call from T-Mobile confirming they would remove the early termination charge.

I switched to Cingular, now AT&T. Reception is far better, but customer service is much worse than T-Mobile. I had T-Mobile for six years and actually liked T-Mobile a lot and wouldn't have switched if not for the reception problem. With T-Mobile, I simply showed my military ID card at the local T-Mobile store when I signed up, and they put the discount on our account. With AT&T, it took many attempts and months to finally get the military discount applied to our account, it could never be completed by visiting the local AT&T retail store.

P.S. If anyone needs the AT&T Foundation Account Number FAN, send me a private message with your military email address and I'll send it to you. I was going to post it, but I couldn't find it anywhere else on the Internet and didn't want to potentially cause any trouble with posting it.