• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-6 at whiting?

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
You will be flying T-34's. No designated squadron to get the first T-6's. As it sits now (from 2 weeks ago), the first T-6 students to start training will be in Apr of 10. Subject to change of course.

Cool beans. That's about my timeframe with graduation and OCS. :D

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Like Bert said, orange and white but it creates some problems. The extra cost was pretty big. Then there is no compatiblity between panels without the extra paint job (P-coal T-6's and AF T-6's of course).

Why not? Other than the aesthetics?

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I'd want nothing to do with the first T-6 class. Few planes and no gouge leads to being the test bed for training.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I'd want nothing to do with the first T-6 class. Few planes and no gouge leads to being the test bed for training.

Hmm, I think there will be plenty of gouge to be had. Someone has connections to vance I'm sure . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's the complaint, the aesthetics. Orange/white versus Blue/white. If the panel is white, no problem.

Aesthetics never got in the way of putting gloss white EP-3 parts on regular P-3's. It looked funny, especially when it was the EP-3 tail instead of the MAD stinger, but they did it.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Aesthetics never got in the way of putting gloss white EP-3 parts on regular P-3's. It looked funny, especially when it was the EP-3 tail instead of the MAD stinger, but they did it.

Once all the orange and white T-6's are here, I don't see why it would be a problem. Sometimes COD's looked like they were piece mealed together, no one part matched another in terms of color or fluency.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Went up to the T-6B transition office today to ask some questions. Still on track for the first two T-6B's in July 09 with a few to follow and starting in Dec 09, 4 airplanes a month. The prop sleeve leaking problem should be fixed (knock on wood) by the time the B's arrive. No word on which squadron gets them first but it will be announced in early 09.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
All I know is that I got to sit in one and it was BIG compared to the T-34. From a stud's perspective, it certainly *looks* like a lot of airplane :D

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The prop sleeve leaking problem should be fixed (knock on wood) by the time the B's arrive.

Hmm...they told us it was fixed for last spring.

Oh well, at least you get a martin baker tie if they don't get it right.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor
Hmm...they told us it was fixed for last spring.

Oh well, at least you get a martin baker tie if they don't get it right.

The line is halted until it is fixed. Both NAVAIR and AFxx (I can never remember their abbreviation and am too lazy to look it up) will have to sign off on it.