• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 vs Bird HUD Video

Nose

pilot
Nice work by the home team...

Questions for you T-45 boys:

Can you not shut off that Master Caution/Master Warning tone?

Do you have to request permission to raise the gear and flaps? What kind of BS is that?

MasterBates

The tone goes out when you press the Master Alert button.. But anything else comes on that trips either a Caution or Warning (different tones) and it comes back on.

This phrase came to mind during my last EP sim (when the freaking tones kept on coming)

"Where the hell are we, Paris??"
-President Skroob

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Do you have to request permission to raise the gear and flaps? What kind of BS is that?
Yes, yes. A lot of BS. You have to ask to put them down to, which is great on a short hook to final when the controller is reading your NORDO instructions.

Can you not shut off that Master Caution/Master Warning tone?
My favorite is when you are flying welded wind thick IMC and your radalt and BINGO tones are blairing and covering the HUD and MFDs while you are doing the above GCA. :)

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Yes, yes. A lot of BS. You have to ask to put them down to, which is great on a short hook to final when the controller is reading your NORDO instructions.

My favorite is when you are flying welded wind thick IMC and your radalt and BINGO tones are blairing and covering the HUD and MFDs while you are doing the above GCA. :)

If you sit very, very still. . .off in the distance, you can hear that violin playing for you.:)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Damn . . . that is one nice job. I about crapped myself when I saw the angle of the runway and how far down the runway they finally touched down.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Very impressive. I'm sure the stud just got an Avg for that hop too. Bastard IP's! haha

Seriously though, had that been me (with all the ejections we've been having lately), I would have injested the bird... and out-gested my lunch into my mask along w/ a fresh loaf in my flightsuit. BZ.

First off...BZ work. Well done. WOuld submit airmedal worthy. Saved jet.

Why is that BS? It's flight school. Those procedures put there for a reason. Might as well keep going and say why we hot mic for takeoff...i don't want to hear heavy breathing :)

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Damn . . . that is one nice job. I about crapped myself when I saw the angle of the runway and how far down the runway they finally touched down.

They grabbed the long field gear around 60kts which was 1250 feet from the end.

The tone goes out when you press the Master Alert button.. But anything else comes on that trips either a Caution or Warning (different tones) and it comes back on.

This phrase came to mind during my last EP sim (when the freaking tones kept on coming)

A good habbit pattern is to always reset the Master Caut. Resets the logic in all aircraft for follow on issues to notify crew. Not just an annoying tone.

Idiot oil light for pilots LOL

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Truely nice airmanship. Question, engine rollback during this process? In jeporady of losing HYD's?
The hyd's in this jet will stay on for quite a while if the engine is windmilling and control inputs are judicious. This was a get the hell on deck now emergency handled extremely well by the crew.