• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-45 Goshawk question??

SDNalgene

Blind. Continue...
pilot
^^I don't remember how fast he was going on entry, but about 3 seconds after entry he busted the floor of the MOA and over-stressed the hell out of the jet. 2 years ago at K-rock.

The important thing about that one was he realized he screwed the pooch and went immediately to the CO's office and fessed up. My recollection is he got a stern lecture, an administrative pink sheet, and some other relatively minor consequences.

Imagine how it would have gone if he said nothing or even worse, lied about it.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
The important thing about that one was he realized he screwed the pooch and went immediately to the CO's office and fessed up. My recollection is he got a stern lecture, an administrative pink sheet, and some other relatively minor consequences.

Imagine how it would have gone if he said nothing or even worse, lied about it.

Like the guy who flew up to Austin for his solo CC and then flew back with his friend in the back seat... Yeah that worked out well for him.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Like the guy who flew up to Austin for his solo CC and then flew back with his friend in the back seat... Yeah that worked out well for him.

I'd love to be able to hear the thought process (or lack thereof) behind that.

If you're going to do something to get shitcanned, at least take a chick up so you can reap the benefits after you get your ass chewed.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'd love to be able to hear the thought process (or lack thereof) behind that.

If you're going to do something to get shitcanned, at least take a chick up so you can reap the benefits after you get your ass chewed.

The backseater was another stud, not just a random friend. I have yet to see the female stud who would be worth throwing away a career over :)

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor

SdNalgene nailed the difference in the outcome for those studs. Airshow boy fessed up before anyone knew anything about it. The studs involved in the unauthorized xcty lied until the proof was shown to them.
Even these days, COs don't expect a zero-defect pilot. What they absolutely require is honesty. When you're alone in a jet with deadly weapons, you have to be trustworthy beyond a doubt. I know of lots of instances where someone survived a stupid decision by owning up to it and facing the music instead of trying to hide it. (If I can figure out how, I'll post a picture of something a stupid young cowboy survived.)