• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-44s / C-12 question

skywiz

Question for recent studs at VT-31 or 35...

How long are the flights there? Is it 2 students that go up for 3+ hours or are they short flights?

Thanks.

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
Is it 2 students that go up for 3+ hours or are they short flights?

Usually we go up in pairs. Your first flights in contacts (C4101-6 and C4201-2) are onwing, with the first block being 2 hour hops per student, so you're in the plane for ~4 hours at a time. Once you're in the second block of contacts, it goes down to 1.5 hours per stud and stays that way pretty much until Review Stage, when it pops back up to 2 hours. Take water and something to eat.

That said, well over half my flights in instruments were me and the IP alone, which got me very used to not having an observer to help me out (and they can, big time).

Coppertop222

I'm in 31 and I can count on 1 hand the number of times I would go up by myself. Contacts are 1.5 hours so 3.0 hour flights with someone else and the instrument blocks are a mix but mostly 2.0 so 4 hour trips usually.

usmcecho4

pilot
Even if you do go up by yourself you will often do two events so it will still take a long ass time. I remember one flight where I was with another student and we both did two events and stopped for lunch. I had to cut out of the debrief due to crew day restrictions (over 12 hour day).

Semper Fi,
usmcecho4

othromas

AEDO livin’ the dream
pilot
I was a strange situation because I fell between the cracks of my actual class and the class behind me (was actually behind most of that class) and didn't have anyone else to fly with.