• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-39 Down

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I knew Zach in A-pool and API. What a great guy, and a tough loss. I wish I could be in Pensacola for the memorial.

Slushy

None
I flew with Charlie Mac several times during my training in Pensacola. He was one of the best! Always ready with a smile and one of the most helpful pilots in VT-86. He will be greatly missed...my prayers go out to the families and friends of those that we have lost...

a_m

Still learning how much I don't know.
None
I flew with Charlie Mac several times during my training in Pensacola. He was one of the best! Always ready with a smile and one of the most helpful pilots in VT-86. He will be greatly missed...my prayers go out to the families and friends of those that we have lost...

It was always a good day when you saw that Charlie Mac was your pilot.

WillieDynamite

Wow. Sad news.

One fourth of all Navy T-39N planes have now crashed. None have had survivors. Hate the day I get to flight school and have to board that bird.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. Sad news.

One fourth of all Navy T-39N planes have now crashed. None have had survivors. Hate the day I get to flight school and have to board that bird.

^^What they said. That statistic only sounds "impressive" in a news article because there are so few T-39s around to begin with.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. Sad news.

Why don't you worry about getting there first, kid? There are aviation safety officers down in Pensacola who just lost friends and coworkers. Those very people are now having to pick through the wreckage and conduct an investigation so maybe, just maybe, we can figure out what happened and . . . oh, I don't know. Maybe NOT LOSE SOMEONE ELSE?

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because of your profile, as it proves that you're clueless to the fact that you're talking out of your ass. I worked with those very officers until just a few months ago, along with the mishap crew. I'd have to check my logbook to be sure, but chances are I've got flight time in that jet.

OK, great, so that means I'm just beating my chest at how I've got inside gouge about it all went down, huh? No, I'm not and I don't. I don't have a damn clue. If I did, I'd be sharing it with the mishap board, not here. But the idea that the men and women in VT-86 and Naval Aviation as a whole would allow ourselves and our squadronmates to fly an aircraft which is so unsafe that you would rue the day you even got orders to it is an insult to the professionalism of the fraternity you claim to hope to join. I know you didn't mean it, but for crying out loud, consider your audience before you post.

Life is not perfect. Mishaps happen and sometimes people are killed. Flying aircraft the way we do in the environments we do, with the funding we have has risks. We do the best we can to mitigate these risks. Our mishap rate is minuscule compared to what it used to be when guys like A4s took to the air, because we LEARN FROM WHAT WENT WRONG. Life is not a Hollywood movie, and therefore Naval Aviation doesn't go into spontaneous cover-our-ass conspiracy mode every time something goes wrong. We figure out what went down and we fix it.

sfrankie08

pilot
^^agreed. The article states there were only 15 planes ordered in the 90s.. 4/15 planes.. 20 years .. with as many events that are flown in those planes makes it as (or less) dangerous than any other navy platform.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please be civil. I don't want to close this thread.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My statement was in no way even an attempt to be disrespectful or insensitive.

Wrong. By making the following statement, you disrespected me, my plane and my profession:

Hate the day I get to flight school and have to board that bird.

I saw the stat in an article and it served its purpose by shocking me.

Statistics are just that; derived to represent something. If you know anything about statistics, you can make them say just about anything. Bottom line: "Correlation does not imply causation".

And "Hozer", calm down and come down off the high horse. I have no doubt that that was a fine crew, hence the reason I made no reference to them and only the plane. Asshole.

For disrespecting a fellow Officer, you can enjoy a week vacation. Please take some time and think about what you've said and how it was received and learn a lesson.

-ea6bflyr ;)

bluesig1

sure thing
None
Man you guys are always telling newbies like myself to have thick skin, and wow, look at this reaction. My statement was in no way even an attempt to be disrespectful or insensitive. I saw the stat in an article and it served its purpose by shocking me. I posted my opinion and got a sharp reality check from "Uncle Fester" and now I've put it into perspective. Geez.

And "Hozer", calm down and come down off the high horse. I have no doubt that that was a fine crew, hence the reason I made no reference to them and only the plane. Asshole.

"Hate the Day...High Horse.. Asshole." Talk about being a tool -1(since I cant give you neg rep, I just want to reiterate your a tool). Your going to be the guy that's tolerated by few, and hated by all. Good luck in trying to get through the pipeline.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Well, that hadn't happened in a while. Its always amusing to watch such a spectacular shit show get his comeuppance - too bad he picked this thread to do it with.

81montedriver

pilot
Wow. Sad news.

Dude, if you had only a shred of common sense you would know not to post a statement like that on a thread full of gentlemen who were friends with the crew. Folks are paying their respects on here and you are making it all about you. Like was mentioned earlier, you haven't done shit so keep your mouth shut.