• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34 NATOPS & Primary Master Cirriculum Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

holidayrhodes

Does anyone know where I could get a T-34C NATOPS and possible a master cirruculum guide for primary (or whatever they're calling the texts that is in use for primary these days)? I'm a stashed ENS SNA in CO waiting to class up in Nov and figured it wouldn't hurt for me and some of my buddies to get an early jump on that stuff. Thanx for any help... go buffs

a_steez

Good idea...way to think ahead...but I don't know of any way to go about that. I just completed primary at Whiting, and trust me, I sure tried to get some pubs (publications) while I was sitting on my duff too. But they keep a tight grip on those publications. If you got some NFO buddies, you could run to kinkos with their NATOPS and at least copy the Emergency Procedure section. The first step would be to memorize all your EP's verbatim, with all the notes, cautions, and warnings. Memorize them verbatim! It's true most instructors won't make you know them verbatim...but some expect it, and even if they don't...you gotta a shot of impressing them and getting a 5 on a brief...which is pretty hard to do.

jaerose

Hey, if you do get a copy of that stuff, you should try to pdf it and put it here in the gouge section...at least the EP's. Nothing sensitive, though (I'm not sure if it would even qualify as sensitive).

JR

holidayrhodes

Thanks for the tips, I've kind of heard the same thing about those things being hard to get your hands on. I might try to get ahold of my friends that graduated last semester and get a copy that way. If I do somehow get ahold of anything usefull I'll be sure and pdf it into the gouge section. For now I could take a look at those EPs that are on navygouge.com. I'm not sure if they are still current and correct though.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As I recall, the Master Curriculum Gude used to be floating around somewhere on CNATRA's website. I remember I found it one time, long, long ago. Who knows if it's current, as apparently it's been redone a few times.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Could try here:

https://www.natec.navy.mil/

You HAVE to use a valid MILITARY email address. I tried my own personal one and it came back with an error. It will send a login immediately, so it appears, to the email address. Of course, I won't be back to my "work email address" for several weeks, so don't know if the NATOPS is there. I should find out tomorrow, as I did have it sent to my supervisor, and he should email me my login tomorrow. I'll post here if I find the T-34C NATOPS on there.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I just went to that website and registered. It told me it didn't have a copy of the Turbo Weenie Natops. I only messed w/ it for a few minutes, but no joy. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

FWIW, I also did a search for the -60B, which according to my Natops, is online. However, it didn't find that either. Could just be operator error.

holidayrhodes

I think I found the Master Cirriculum text on the CNATRA website under publications, pat pubs, t-34 primary and finally opening up publication p-330 "Contact Flight Training Instruction (T-34C)". Whatever it is, it seems to be really helpful toward what I was looking for.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Here is the link to the new JPAT Cirriculum. This started just a few weeks ago and is the most up to date.

https://cnatra.navaltx.navy.mil/cnatra/folder2/1542.140C.pdf

Dave

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Here is another link for Primary and Intermediate Pubs. The systems, metro, instrument and form pubs are on this page as well. Word of caution. Do not overload yourselves with this info. Look at the systems stuff first. I will try to find a NATOPS for you guys.

https://cnatra.navaltx.navy.mil/cnatra/ppub_t34_pri.htm

Dave

Elder

Well, I found the following documents on the link I posted - all for the T-34

Title: NATOPS FLIGHT MANUAL NAVY MODEL T-34C AIRCRAFT (20.7MB PDF)

Title: NATOPS PILOTS POCKET CHECKLIST T-34C AIRCRAFT (5.69MB PDF)

Title: NATOPS FUNCTIONAL CHECKFLIGHT CHECKLIST NAVY MODEL T-34C AIRCRAFT (34KB PDF)

I just went to the Table of Contents, NATOPS Search, pull down Select Model on the left, select T-34, under series, select T-34C.

Don't forget to grab the Interim Changes as well.

If you register from home but use a military email address (you have to) and don't have access to your military email account, PM me and I'll tell you what your login and password is.. it's pretty easy. :)

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
That's pretty neat. I didn't realize it was all on the web.

Ya know, I've been in for 7 years and have never gotten a military email addy! Matter of fact, I just got my first government credit card a month ago.

If you are going to study that info, best bet would be to answer the Enabling Learning Objectives on notecards and study those. It's probably the best way to prepare now, at least until you start ground school. Everything will make A LOT more sense once you get the class and see the static displays. The ELO's are where the questions on the exams come from, in one shape or form or another. Definitely concentrate on the systems text. It's the first subject you'll start in ground school (and the first test) and you'll be quizzed on it throughout Primary. So, pretty much know EVERYTHING about ALL the systems. Anyway, happy hunting!

Elder

Originally posted by jboomer
That's pretty neat. I didn't realize it was all on the web.

Ya know, I've been in for 7 years and have never gotten a military email addy! Matter of fact, I just got my first government credit card a month ago.

Well, they don't exactly make it easy to find the stuff. I had looked for the T-34 NATOPS before I got down here, didn't have any luck.

Actually, I had originally got confused and thought he wanted API stuff. So, I did a search on Google for:

+T-34C +navy +natops

7 entries down, found this (don't open it, it's pointless) http://www.hq.navy.mil/natops/strpts3t.pdf

So, I deleted the pdf file from the link for just

http://www.hq.navy.mil/natops/

Scrolled down to the bottom and found _CATALOG_ as a link.

Clicked the link, and saw "Naval Aviation Technical Manuals" at the bottom. Have to click on the bullet icon.. which linked to the site where you to the site with the T-34C NATOPS.

Anyway, the Coast Guard's web site is much more difficult to find stuff.

No military email address, eh? That is odd. :) As far as Government charge cards, they don't give them to everyone? I think in the Coast Guard, it's either everyone, or everyone E-4 and above has to have a charge card. They no longer issue cash advances. All TAD/TDY should be put on the card, and now can even pay for PCS/DITY move expenses with it.

Anyway, hoped it helped. Not I need to get back and figure out how to compute density altitute and why it's important. :) 5 days of gound school isn't enough.. gotta love the military. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.