• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34 down in Corpus. All ok!

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Can you say safety stand down?...oh well glad everyone was ok...good thing we practice EPs like mad...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Looks like a pretty good HAPL/LAPL. Props to the crew. Dunno if I'd want my mug on the news after something like that though . . .

LSUMarine

Lay off me! I'm starving!
I'm thinking it was a LAPL as from where they put it down they were 1.5, 2 miles tops, from Waldron. If I remember correctly, course rules into Waldron for 17 takes you right over the mud flats there. For not being able to make the field those muds are by far the best option there. BZ

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
zab1001 said:
Once again, standard disclaimer. No speculation.

Personally I think aliens forced them down...jk

Agree 100% lets wait for the investigation then we will know for sure.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
KBayDog said:
http://www.caller.com/ccct/home/article/0,1641,CCCT_800_4382869,00.html

"He gave no information about the pilots involved, saying it was military policy not to release the names or ages of military personnel involved in such incidents. "

I guess the paper's policy is just a little different.
And since the aircrew made no attempt to conceal their names, the media is under no obligation to omit that.

Brett

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
I heard a rumor that a couple of months ago, a T-34 in Corpus landed gear up during a practice LAPL(P). Anyone else hear this? Glad that everyone was okay in this mishap.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
D,

The thing your talking about would probably be better described as a gear up touch and go.

KBayDog

Brett327 said:
And since the aircrew made no attempt to conceal their names, the media is under no obligation to omit that.

Brett

Nah, I just thought it was funny as hell to see that "official statement" right next to their pics/names.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
zippy said:
D,

The thing your talking about would probably be better described as a gear up touch and go.

depends on which part was the accident, not putting the gear down, then it would be what you said, or actually landing, then it would be what he said...