• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO to BUD/S?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Okay guys, what do you think: I got this idea from reading the warrior elite. Anyway, since SEAL officer slots are slim to none right out of college and the Navy currently needs Surface Warfare Officers, what are the chances of going SWO, serving whatever is required and then transferring to BUD/S? I am currently a 21 year old college senior so I would be commissioned sometime when I am about 23. I also think that serving as an SWO would give me some leadership skills in the fleet before attempting to lead the best of the best. What do you guys think?

cuculeis

IM ACTIVE ENLISTED RIGHT NOW BUT ILL BE GOING TO OCS NEXT MONTH FOR NFO, HOWEVER IN MY DAYS ON THE BOATS (4 OF THEM) I HAVE SEEN A FEW HANDFUL OF SWO OFFICERS TRANSFER TO THE SEAL COMMUNITY. THE ONLY STIPULATION WAS THAT THEY NEEDED TO GET THEIR WARFARE PIN QUAL...HOPE THIS HELPS

Status
Not open for further replies.