• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board

Tyler8lee

Hello Everyone!

I am submitting for the board this month. Anyone submitting for the February Board? Any idea on the estimated timeline?

Last edited:

Sailorsushiroll

I am applying for SWO today. My officer program coordinator still has my package. Is there a specific time he needs to have this scanned and emailed today? The package due date is today 11March24

exNavyOffRec

I am applying for SWO today. My officer program coordinator still has my package. Is there a specific time he needs to have this scanned and emailed today? The package due date is today 11March24
The due date was last Friday, due dates are generally always on Fridays. You may get some leniency since you are AD but really you should have had it in 2 weeks ago if your age on your profile is correct as you will need a waiver.

1710192915785.png

Sailorsushiroll

The due date was last Friday, due dates are generally always on Fridays. You may get some leniency since you are AD but really you should have had it in 2 weeks ago if your age on your profile is correct as you will need a waiver.

View attachment 40037
I applied to SWO-IP, SWO-OCEANO- AND SUPPLY. I thought that was for 11MAR24? I also do not need an age waiver according to the warrant officer at my command, the SWO-IP AND SWO-OCEANO you must not have passed your 35th birthday upon commissioning

Attachments

• swo.png
    swo.png
    27.9 KB · Views: 8

exNavyOffRec

I applied to SWO-IP, SWO-OCEANO- AND SUPPLY. I thought that was for 11MAR24? I also do not need an age waiver according to the warrant officer at my command, the SWO-IP AND SWO-OCEANO you must not have passed your 35th birthday upon commissioning
SWO options boards are different that the SWO board, you should be ok if it is in today.

SWO-IP has been no quota for several years now, the push is for SWO options to be given to USNA/NROTC. Did you verify your degree fits with Oceano as they have some pretty strict requirements.

Sailorsushiroll

SWO options boards are different that the SWO board, you should be ok if it is in today.

SWO-IP has been no quota for several years now, the push is for SWO options to be given to USNA/NROTC. Did you verify your degree fits with Oceano as they have some pretty strict requirements.
Yeah, unfortunately, I have not been able to find much information on SWO-IP or SWO-OCEANO. My degree is in Cyber Security, However, I am already an AG serving in the Metoc Community! Any other information you may have would be extremely helpful!

exNavyOffRec

Yeah, unfortunately, I have not been able to find much information on SWO-IP or SWO-OCEANO. My degree is in Cyber Security, However, I am already an AG serving in the Metoc Community! Any other information you may have would be extremely helpful!
Since you are an AG that should help. They prefer degrees that relate to the Oceanography field and require Calc 1 and 2 with "C" or better and Calc based physics 1 and 2 with a "B" or better. IP has a wider variety of tech degrees and just prefers the Calc and Physic series.

The IWC board has been known to put people where they think will be better suited, a person could apply for CW and get IP, or IP and get Intel. In your case apply for SWO-IP when there are no quotas they would probably put you straight IP if they want you. The shifting doesn't happen too often but it does happen.

The average GPA for both of those who are selected are about a 3.5 GPA.

Supply is one that will review everything, but if you put Supply #3 the odds of them selecting you are not good at all, for a long time they would only consider those who put Supply as #1.

mttao14

Hello everyone,
I'm currently starting to complete the check list for SWO community and leaning towards IP and IW designators. I do have a couple questions:
1. I will be at 10 years AD service this coming June, will this be seen as a negative mark?
2. My degree is in Health Science but personally would like to step out of Healthcare; should i complete a class or two for the "preferred" list of classes that are listed on the Chapter 4 of OPNAVINST 1420.1B?
3. How would you recommend requesting appraisals as I am no longer near the waterfront with SWOs and at a medical battalion?

Any comment and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello everyone,
I'm currently starting to complete the check list for SWO community and leaning towards IP and IW designators. I do have a couple questions:
1. I will be at 10 years AD service this coming June, will this be seen as a negative mark?
2. My degree is in Health Science but personally would like to step out of Healthcare; should i complete a class or two for the "preferred" list of classes that are listed on the Chapter 4 of OPNAVINST 1420.1B?
3. How would you recommend requesting appraisals as I am no longer near the waterfront with SWOs and at a medical battalion?

Any comment and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

1-2: Read the respective program authorizations.
3: Find an officer mentor or two in your current command to help you out during the process.