• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

$$SWO BDCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The surface guys are looking for highly qualified candidates for SWO/BDCP going to OCS in the 2004-2005 range. This would be a good chance to snag one of the more slective SWO designators such as Oceanography/METOC, Special Operations/Diving, or Engineering Duty Officer. These programs usually hire only a few dozen a year nation wide. Apply early.

kevin

by special ops do you mean SEALS? can a person get guaranteed into the SEAL program just like with aviation. just curious.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Special WARFARE is SEALs and yes you can be guaranteed SEAL just with any other navy officer program. As you can imagine it is very difficult to get. They look for alot of athletic or physical training background. Check out the official SEAL site http://www.sealchallenge.navy.mil/. Special operations include Diving Officers and Explosive Ordnance Disposal Officers. Both require exceptional physical conditioning.

duke1

I guess that is true because I just recently was picked up for SWO. I have a projected class-up date for NOV 1, '03 although they told me I would be filling a '04 Billet. Maybe there was a drop or something.

04Hopeful

EA3 -> IS3 -> Intel O1(hopefully)
Duke: '04 billets start in October, that is when their fiscal year ends, just a little something I picked up on this board here :)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
O4Hopeful: Not entirely accurate re billet quotas vs class dates. To be precise, OCS class dates in July count towards quotas in the following year. It is determined by when you are commissioned. Since OCS lasts approx. three months then an OCS start sometime in July will result in commissioning past 1OCT and into the next fiscal year. Applicants must keep that in mind when they consider that quotas are generally available for the current year and the following year. Exceptions are NUPOC and some BDCP selects. OCS start dates from today until July 2004 count as 2004 quotas. Congrats Duke. Good Luck All!

Status
Not open for further replies.