• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Switching from SNFO to SNA

AlexLloyd

I am a SNFO currently waiting for API to start, there has been some here-says about the age requirements for pilots changing, just wanted to know if any of you know where I can find where it says in writting where the age limit for pilot is. Basically I am trying to switch from student NFO to student pilot, only thing is I am 30 years old and I have prior service. I was ineligible for pilot when I applied for my commissioning because the age limit was 29 (with a waiver for prior service). Like I said, I hear things have changed and just wanted to know if anyone knows where in writting the age limit is. Thanks

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
I am a SNFO currently waiting for API to start, there has been some here-says about the age requirements for pilots changing, just wanted to know if any of you know where I can find where it says in writting where the age limit for pilot is. Basically I am trying to switch from student NFO to student pilot, only thing is I am 30 years old and I have prior service. I was ineligible for pilot when I applied for my commissioning because the age limit was 29 (with a waiver for prior service). Like I said, I hear things have changed and just wanted to know if anyone knows where in writting the age limit is. Thanks

Not sure if you had spoken with LT but I met with him a few weeks ago to switch and he basically told me you must be the top ranked person in your class to be even considered for the transition. The Navy is behind on both pilots and nfo's, so switching you from one to the other would unfortunately not help BUPERS any . Make sure you kick some ass in API, and I sure hope we aren't in the same class!

TFirish3

Not sure if you had spoken with LT but I met with him a few weeks ago to switch and he basically told me you must be the top ranked person in your class to be even considered for the transition. The Navy is behind on both pilots and nfo's, so switching you from one to the other would unfortunately not help BUPERS any . Make sure you kick some ass in API, and I sure hope we aren't in the same class!

On the switching note, extremely hard right now. I didn't try to myself, but a few buddies did. All got rejected except for one guy who only got 1 question wrong in API (on FR&R for those wondering). Best of luck though.

jtmedli

pilot
On the switching note, extremely hard right now. I didn't try to myself, but a few buddies did. All got rejected except for one guy who only got 1 question wrong in API (on FR&R for those wondering). Best of luck though.

Someone did the math while I was API on the 'required NSS' to be able to switch from NFO to NA and it was basically impossible. You'd have to have gotten zero questions wrong and gotten every reward possible. Basically Jesus himself would've said "F that noise".

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Making the switch has never been easy. As long as they have a need SNFOs, they won't be very willing to give one a transition to SNA. Transitions in the fleet are also very rare, but do occur (some communities release as little as one NFO/year for the switch).

TAMR

is MIDNIGHT
pilot
None
For those of you a-poolers interested in the NFO to Pilot transition program in the future. Talk with LTCMDR Garrison at DIVOLC. Met with him several weeks ago; got some great gouge. Almost got the full aviation whammy last week; I feel extremely fortunate to be an NFO in the best community in the Navy. For those of you who get NPQ'd SNA, trust me, it's not the end of the world that it first appears to be.

Reactions: Rev

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
For those of you a-poolers interested in the NFO to Pilot transition program in the future. Talk with LTCMDR Garrison at DIVOLC. Met with him several weeks ago; got some great gouge. Almost got the full aviation whammy last week; I feel extremely fortunate to be an NFO in the best community in the Navy. For those of you who get NPQ'd SNA, trust me, it's not the end of the world that it first appears to be.

What is a LTCMDR? Do you mean LCDR? :rolleyes:

nombrescreeno

I'm curious, since this question isn't asked as often as the reverse, but what's the process like if you request to do the SNA -> SNFO change. My understanding is that those in A-Pool and API go through it differently than say someone who's already started/past Primary

sparrowbomb

E-2 NFO
I'm curious, since this question isn't asked as often as the reverse, but what's the process like if you request to do the SNA -> SNFO change. My understanding is that those in A-Pool and API go through it differently than say someone who's already started/past Primary

Jesus... With the number of people always badgering them to switch from SNFO to SNA they'd probably pay you to do it the other way around.