• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

switch to NFO?

MasterBates

As in we retain normal function in our anuses (anii?) because we are not constantly getting F'ed in the A by other SWOs?

SWO Bubba

None
...and thus, in one insignificant post, we get more of a glimpse into what life as a SWO would be like than I've ever cared to know.

Seriously - spare me the SWO bashing BS - it ain't that hard...AT ALL! Any future NAVAL OFFICER is expected to exert SOME effort.

"The VIP code is the two number designation for the Arleigh Burke Class DDG."

There isn't an aviator on here who wouldn't roll there eyes a bit if the question were instead the "two number designation of the Hornet."

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Seriously - spare me the SWO bashing BS - it ain't that hard...AT ALL! Any future NAVAL OFFICER is expected to exert SOME effort.

"The VIP code is the two number designation for the Arleigh Burke Class DDG."

There isn't an aviator on here who wouldn't roll there eyes a bit if the question were instead the "two number designation of the Hornet."

why is it necessary to have a password to join the site?:confused:

SWO Bubba

None

I don't know for sure. The Sailor Bob site took a lot of heat from some SWO leaders in the early days. A big argument was "loose talk in public" with lurkers and trollers watching. As I understand it, the password was created to silence a few of the vocal critics. Even though it is silly, it does deter some.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You're probably referring to the fact that you need to be a member in order to see behind the magic curtain. That goes back to the days when Sailor Bob actual started his site up. He wanted it so that only SWO's would be on the forum. No aviators, midshipmen, officer candidates, etc. He's loosened that up in the last few years, especially for the midshipmen and OC's that already know they're going SWO. You don't have to like it. It is his site after all. His sandbox, his rules.

m26

Contributor
You need a password to join this site. :icon_roll

Not to lurk...

To be fair, the question is a little confusing. It's not hard to find the number of the USS Arleigh Burke, but I had a hard time verifying that a class of ships uses the number from the lead ship. But I was able to find that out, and I learned something, so I don't mind the legwork.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One that each person makes up. Not a secret code to join. It seems to do a lot to help those who are considering joining the Navy and Marines
The "secret code" isn't a freaking secret. Any SWO worth his salt already knows the answer to what the two number designation is for the Arleigh Burke Class DDG. And if you don't know the answer and can't find it, then maybe the Navy isn't the right place for you. Bottom line, as it says in the first sentence right on the Registration Agreement Terms: "This forum is for USN Surface Warfare Officers Only!:

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not to lurk...
Yes, but you don't need to join if all you want to do is lurk. If you don't want to join, then you don't need a password. If you want to join, then you need a password.

m26 said:
To be fair, the question is a little confusing.
Not if you're a SWO, and that's the point.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
no%20girls%20allowed.jpg

With all the abuse they get on this site I can't say that I blame them

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
This thread has officially obtained "AWESOME" status. After reading it I just can't figure out why SWOs have a reputation for being D-Bags...

Now we can stop trying to lurke on their SWOsite and get back to the aviation world. Why do aviators want to read it anyway? It's kind of like that time Hugh Grant picked up the skanky prostitute when he was already married to Elizabeth Hurley.

OscarMyers

None
I think its about time to change the title of this thread to something a little more battle royalish.