• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sweat-Ex at API to Sushi across the USA

jfulginiti

pilot
None
Concur with Dharma Blue... that place is great! Mondays are $1 off sushi rolls, they always have a quesadilla of the day (always good), the hummus is good, the filet mignon is awesome if you're not into the raw fish, the key lime pie is outstanding and to top it off.... Hub Stacey's is right across the street, Cougar Central.

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Jokes are bad, mmmk? And what is this 'sarcasm' you speak of? Is it one of those special courses you took at that all girls school?

+1 on hub stacey's. -12 on the place next to dharma bleu. Can't remember the name (tres fratelli's maybe?) And the food was horrid the two times I went there. Wednesday night is ladies night at fish house down the road and a very good time. Of course I'm married and know nothing about it, though.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Concur with the above on Tre Fratelli. Possibly the worst Italian I've ever had. Oh, and did you want bread and oil? That'll be $5. WTFO?

banana380

pilot
Thanks for all the sushi suggestions, I'm all about eating out...

As far as NSS, for those out of the know, it's basically a cutoff location on a bell curve. With the Navy being more selective, more intelligent people are going to API, thus making the grade higher for a given NSS value. This being just my humble observation, which might be completely off base and I am open to correction. YMMV :-D

scottwith1t

east coast
pilot
Ichiban on Davis was one of my favorites. You've gotta try their steak sushi roll, its a roll with warm steak inside. Very good.

I'd give Ichiban a 60 NSS

punx_clever

I dunno about any particular place in P-cola getting out of the 50's.... I'd put Yummi Sushi on Coronado at a 65 on the NSS scale. Jellyfish in p-cola at about a 45. And I once ate at sumo, 40.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Sooooo, is anybody gonna rate Publix or Winn Dixie? I think some of the Super Wal-Marts might even have a sushi counter... :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Safeway sushi department here in Whidbey has already been redesignated to Supply.
Jazzbones used to have good stuff, back when it existed. I miss my seared salmon roll . . .

Yeah so Fishhouse Sushi the other night gets a 35 NSS. Which means if I had nothing to compare it to, it would be passing. But Sushi Nami in Key Largo got a 70 nss, selected Jets and graduated from TPS last month.

As for Publix: SWOs not even lookin at that crap.

This thread just took a turn for awesome!

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
Gotta chime in...Jellyfish was cool. Until they quit being cool and took all the decent rolls off the half price menu. And not to mention it usually took over an hour to get your order on Tuesdays. Publix sushi is good to go. I have it regularly. It's cheap and fresh. Now that there's one open in Perdido, it's basically become a high class commissary.