• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

swearing in

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinny

i got final selected for SNA and i am about to swear in....

i'm also waiting to hear from AF Officer Programs, Along with Marine Officer Programs...

from what i have been told, there is no obligation whatsoever if you swear in, as long as your not actually receiving physical pay. correct?

my question is: what happens if i decide to go Marines or AF after i swear in with the Navy? i'm assuming i can just forget about the Navy and carry on with the other commissioning program i choose. will i have to DOR or is that only for when your in OCS? what EXACTLY does a DOR entail? thanks for the help. vin

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well it sounds like you're going into OCS via direct accession, which I have no information on (sorry). However, if you applied for BDCP and swear in, you will be obligated to serve an enlisted contract if you don't finish OCS. I bet that you're not BDCP or you would already know that, but I just wanted to be sure. Select the service that fits you best and don't look back. With that said, FLY NAVY!

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Considering we had 4 people not even bother to showup. So I guess you could swear in and not go.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Yeah, if you don't show up, you're pretty much written off. They won't be hunting you down or anything...unless you owe them money. The worst that will happen is they'll call you a dirt bag behind your back, but that's like a retarded kid calling you goofy.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
"Pretty much" means that if you didn't actually sign anything then you should be ok.

For a DOR you just tell your DI, Class Chief, and Class Officer you want to drop. They'll give you a bunch of crap about it, but we are a voluntary service, so don't let them bully you into staying in if it's not what you want to do.

Personnally, I don't know why anyone would want to fly for the Corps. The Corps is great, but the rigidity would be too much for me. The Air Force is ok, I guess. Given a choice, though, if I'm on a commercial plane, I feel better knowing there is a formal Naval Aviator flying because if they can land on the boat then I'm pretty sure they can do whatever it takes to land any other plane safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.