• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Survey: Who is Planning to Attend Air PLC 201?

rjmayer

does it matter if you're air, ground, or law? i thought they just mixed everyone together since OCS didn't have any training outside of basic officer training.

8WOOD

does it matter if you're air, ground, or law? i thought they just mixed everyone together since OCS didn't have any training outside of basic officer training.

Yeah, from what I understand, we're all mixed together--but i hear the drill instructors really go after Law, and Air candidates. :icon_help

JSF_Dreamer

Busted Head
Yup, that is the way I want it to read--it's suppose to be ironic. I took English to improve my writing not because I'm good at it.

Haha... same goes for me, only I'm mathematics. Never did my math homework in highschool and just scraped by with C's (unmotivated teenagers, I tell ya)

My name is Josh
I will be graduating with a Bachelor's in Mathematics this fall from UWF here in Pensacola.

MasterBates

It's working--but very slowly. Honestly, I did not have a clue what an adjective was going into college. I'm much better now.

How the fruit did you graduate from High School? I went to the Vo-Tech school (read as school for the stupid) and I knew what those were, and a lot more beyond that.

Hell, I even used to know what Iambic Pentameter was!

2ndGen

Third times a charm
Yeah, from what I understand, we're all mixed together--but i hear the drill instructors really go fater Law, and Air candidates. :icon_help

I'm pretty sure they "hate" on everyone pretty equally, those that have been there will chime in i'm sure.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Yeah, from what I understand, we're all mixed together--but i hear the drill instructors really go fater Law, and Air candidates. :icon_help

Especially going onto that bridge. Integrate Integrate Integrate.

You're going to be tossed in with everyone. Dont expect to see many law contracts though. Theres nothing that anyone does different at OCS though. Well some get kicked out for doing things different....

USMCZeus

I should be there too. Just waiting to hear back and do my Pcola physical. My name is Chet, and I'm a Business major at Washington State University.

8WOOD

I should be there too. Just waiting to hear back and do my Pcola physical. My name is Chet, and I'm a Business major at Washington State University.

Awesome, another person from the West. I'm assuming you've been accepted to OCS. How did you get lucky enough get your Pcola physical before OCS? I just was talking to a retired Marine who works at the OSO. He said that the Flight physical comes after OCS. Am I missing something?

jdflyer09

Awesome, another person from the West. I'm assuming you've been accepted to OCS. How did you get lucky enough get your Pcola physical before OCS? I just was talking to a retired Marine who works at the OSO. He said that the Flight physical comes after OCS. Am I missing something?

I actually looked in to this. It is largely about priority. There is apparently a backup, and some guys who have been to seniors that still need to go to p'cola. So depending on where you are, you might get lucky and get snag a spot, but I know in Boston its difficult to get a phys before juniors.

All that said- I am heading to PLC 2nd Inc. on 5JULY. Whether I am on an air contract depends on my scores next week. ::crosses fingers::

smulet

I'm actually in P'cola now doing my flight physical. Everyone except me and another guy have already completed OCS training. They are all in the PLC program but not commissioned yet. I'm going straight through the 10 week course hopefully in May/June.

jdflyer09

boards? can somebody explain this...

I have been accepted to PLC already (2nd Inc.- as already stated), but my OSO has assured me that a 4/6/6 or above on the ASTB will get me an an air contract.
Are you guys talking about boards to be accepted to PLC, or boards for air contracts?

2ndGen

Third times a charm
boards? can somebody explain this...

I have been accepted to PLC already (2nd Inc.- as already stated), but my OSO has assured me that a 4/6/6 or above on the ASTB will get me an an air contract.
Are you guys talking about boards to be accepted to PLC, or boards for air contracts?

From my understanding of the way it works is that you get accepted to PLC with either a ground, air, or law contract. You don't get accepted then choose what you want to get.

The selection boards meet every so often, sometimes they are scheduled, sometimes they are not. I was just wondering when the next board meets, that way I will have some idea of how long I have to wait for news.