• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Super Bowl XLIII Fly Over

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
I heard Thunderbirds. I used to work with the guy that coordinated the flybys. Nice guy, civilian working at MacDill. I feel like trying to find his cell number and call him around, oh I don't know, 6:28 pm tonight.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
To jack this into a general Super Bowl thread, who the F thought it was a good idea to have a third rate hack rewrite a Joan Jett song and have Faith Hill cover it?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Perhaps the same folks who commissioned a plastic PT shirt for y'all over in that other thread?

jitiola

Tengo La Camisa Negra!!!!
Looks like TB's in vid.

Is there a certain time they are supposed to actually do the flyover? When watching the game it seemed as though it came it kind of late..

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice 45 second video showing a 15 second flyby. FAIL/Complete for video editing.

-ea6bflyr ;)

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
They were *way* late, too. I expected more out of the T-birds....

Ave8tor

Bringing the Noise!™
pilot
I thought of the exact same thing. Guess time on target means nothing to them... either that or their ascots got in the way of the clock.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I imagine it's tough to have a spot-on push time when your TOT is dictated by an anthem which can fluctuate at least a few seconds in length (depending on the singer's chosen tempo.) They probably "game" it to minimize the chances of the jets flying over while the anthem is still being sung.

OR, maybe those AF "viper" pukes just can't hit a TOT.

Bevo16

pilot
Especially since it turns out the anthem was taped and lip synced.

There is no way that information would have gotten to the Thunderbirds.

Vegas has a prop bet on the U/O for the length of the Anthem. This year it was set right at 2:00, and the anthem went something like 2:10. Even Air Force pilots are smart enough to make a little $$ if they got the info ahead of time.

Waldo

Harrier Bubba
pilot
Is there a certain time they are supposed to actually do the flyover? When watching the game it seemed as though it came it kind of late..

You're TOT should be "...home of the brave." That can be tough as it becomes a bit of a shifting target. As in all CAS, a competent FAC in the target area is invaluable.

Best Regards,
Waldo

Pugs

Back from the range
None
There is no way that information would have gotten to the Thunderbirds.

Not a ways beforehand but this is not the first time they've done this and the coordinator on the ground should have asked and done it right.