• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sunglasses

tdimarco

Pro-Rec SNA
Is it acceptable to wear sunglasses at OCS? I am slightly photosensitive, so I want to have some protection without drawing attention to myself.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Only if they are aviators and you bring your own brown Bates to wear with them. :D

Lobster

I'm pretty sure BCG's are the only things you're allowed to wear on your face...and you'll have enough other s%^t to deal with, you're not going to be worried about the sun in your eyes...

brownshoe

Contributor
HAHAHAHAHA. You have absolutely NO idea what's waiting for you...

Man, you are cruel fill this guy in on what’s about to really happen to him. You know… the saunas, the dances on the weekends, the moms coming in to check on them… you know… the real deal. ;)

Steve

Tyler

!
pilot
Contributor
In all seriousness, you probably won't be outside much during these next couple of months, and if by some fluke it does warm up, you're finished with PT before the sun comes up anyway.:icon_smil

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
When I was there 2 years ago there was a chick allowed to wear 'transition' lenses, the kind that darken in sunlight and clear up indoors. I don't know the circumstances, but she had them the entire time I was there.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Keep in mind that Navy regs don't allow the wear of sunglasses in ranks, which is what you'll be standing in a lot of time in formation.

If you want to wear sunglasses on liberty, keep in mind they need to be all black frame and conservative lenses. Skip the mirrors.

Bevo16

pilot
Go with these:

cruise_aviator.jpg

If they yell at you, insist that they refer to you as "Maverick".

mastbump

I live vicariously through myself.
pilot
Absolutely they will let you wear sunglasses. On check in day when they try to take them just say "The first a**hole who touches my glasses dies". It worked for me! And I have wings!

ProwlerPilot

pilot
Wear EXACTLY what everyone else around you is wearing. That will keep you incognito. Strive to be the grey man. And the grey man is NOT wearing shades.

Also, never pass up the opportunity to STFU. It will get you far....

xmid

pilot
Contributor
You actually get issued sunglasses at OCS. They're these really cool roll up kind that they give you after they dialate your eyes. You won't be able to see shit, but you look cool as you sit there in poopies with your Stevie Wondermants on pretending to read your gouge...;)

And I wore my Costas post commissioning pretty often, until the rubber stuff on the ears melted off in the Pensacola sun, and I cracked them on the parachute chest strap...