• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer OCC class (OCC-192) will be female only?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
SoICanBeFree said:
The gouge from the secretary at the office whose been doing this over 15 years.

Yes it is supposedly an all female class.
No they are not currently allowed to contract males.

She said she has seen this before, and it never lasts and she believes they will end up contracting males closer to occ 192. So if I was motivated id have all the paperwork done and just be doing pfts with the office for good measure so you are ready to go when the moratorium on male candidates is lifted for 192.

s/f

The secretary at my office who had been doing it for just as long said lots of things, many of which were not true. It is possible that "they are not currently selecting males for the company" however that doesn't mean that it will be all women, just means they want to wait a bit before opening it up to boost the number of females possible. When I applied, hell back in the day, they "weren't selecting ground slots" for the company I ended up in but that didn't mean that it would be an all air contract company. There will not be an all female OCS company next summer, they WILL push males into it. Simple as that.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
SoICanBeFree said:
So basically exactly what I just said jamnww?

No, not exactly.
You indicated (made it sound like at least) that they are currently PLANNING on an all FEMALE Company next summer but that it probably won't happen. I am saying that they are NOT planning on an all female company but rather just waiting to fill the male slots. Any "gouge" that says otherwise unless derived from the OCS COC is completely false.

It is not feasable at this time to have an ALL female Company nor is it something that should be desired because it will screw them all on MOS selection later.

EDIT: I have been around these types of stories for a little while now and have a good understanding of how things work in the schools command. Most of the rumors / gouge you hear about OCS are largely unhelpful or completely false (see thread on poloygraphs at OCS). Many are started by people who got booted and want to make it sound harder / more restrictive than it really is.

KBayDog

jamnww said:
It is not feasable at this time to have an ALL female Company nor is it something that should be desired because it will screw them all on MOS selection later.

Is this information straight from M&RA?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
KBayDog said:
Is this information straight from M&RA?

2 parts to my statement,

1) about it not being feasable at this time - based on my personal observations of the training command pipeline
a) Based on # of instructors / duration of tour at OCS
b) Number of applicants selected / submitted
c) average transition time from OCS to TBS
d) average attrition rate for females at OCS
2) "should be desired" - should indicates personal opinion here

Do you have anything direct from M&RA concerning an all Female Company for next summer? If so then I will yield and chalk it up to idiocy but otherwise I stand by my views.

An all female company at OCS would flood TBS, Fox Company specifically with a larger percentage of females, thereby making MOS selection for them more difficult. It would furthermore deny Fox the male officers necessary to fill that Company's slots for IOC.

KBayDog

^That's why I was asking what your source is. I have not problem with your opinion, but now you make it sound like you have some numbers ("...# of instructors / duration of tour at OCS...average attrition rate for females at OCS...that Company's slots for IOC...", etc.)

Just wondering where your numbers come from.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
KBayDog said:
^That's why I was asking what your source is. I have not problem with your opinion, but now you make it sound like you have some numbers ("...# of instructors / duration of tour at OCS...average attrition rate for females at OCS...that Company's slots for IOC...", etc.)

Just wondering where your numbers come from.

Mostly from personal conversations with instructors at OCS, Plt Cmdrs, and recently graduated friends...

Ok, yeah, I might have overreacted on that last post but we are on the same page now...