• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Cruises

Status
Not open for further replies.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Hey all,

Just thought I'd ask my fellow mids where they're headed for summer cruise! I actually haven't gotten my orders yet, one of our LT's said that we'd get them next week. But I was curious to see what others put in for, whey they got, and where they're headed. Please share! Maybe we'll be in the same area. :D

Noze

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
CORTRAMID West=best month of your life!!!!

I put in for 2/c sub, Phase I, WESTPAC. We'll see if I get it....

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
10MAY04 Aviation Physiology Training

There are three of us from my unit that are going to Pensacola on 10May04 to have our aviation physiology training done for our 1st class aviation cruise. Anyone else heading down? Anyone have any idea what this training is like?

FSUMIDN

P-3 TACCO
The physiology training is just a class which decribes the possible effects of flight on the body at varying altitudes. You look at powerpoints, a demonstration or two, and go up to 18000ft in a pressure chamber wearing an oxygen mask. I think this is the same class that that goes over seat types and parachute operation but I had physiology and water survival at the same time.

Aviation ashore cruise rocks, I was on the Reagan for a week watching flight ops from the LSO platform, flew a T-34 some more, flew a CH-60 off the carrier, and got an F-18 ride with some stick time. Afloat cruise sucks because you probably won't have any aviation guy onboard. It gets turned into a big SWO cruise. Ask ENSsquid!

(nine days and counting!)

snizo

Supply Officer
Aviation physiology includes the swimming stuff too. In addition to the stuff FSUMIDN said, you do like an extended swim qual. You have to show proficiency in the 4 strokes (they actually want you to be able to do them right, unlike the 2/c swim qual), under water problem solving (get through a cage under water to simulate being in a downed bird with boots and helmet on), more swimming, more survival strokes, demonstrations of unclipping from a parachutte over water, etc. Nothing too hard.

You also should be doing an ejection seat simulator. They strap you in and 'eject' you from the floor of the room on a track (it isn't as exciting as it sounds), and a virtual reality parachute thing where you are supposed to land in a certain spot.

At least ... that is all the stuff I did for my 1/c aviation phys class a year ago.

Have fun with aviation cruises! I flew some CH-60S's last year and lemme tell you -- they are badass.

ET-Mike

A-Pool Junkie
Awesome, is this the types of things that you had to do for CORTRAMID? I remember swimming through poles and whatever blindfolded, practicing parachute landing techniques, and all of that. Is this much different?

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
ARGH. no aviation afloat. avoid it like the plague.

i heard good gouge from ashore over at nas brunswick with a bunch of p-3 bubbas. something about BBQ every day... must be nice...

grumble grumble grumble.

James, any word on when/where the commissioning is?

snizo

Supply Officer
ET-Mike,

From what I understand it is pretty similar. I didn't go to CORTRAMID, so I can't say for sure.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Just got my summer cruise today. I will be on a fast attack out of Groton from 28 MAY to 26 JUN. It's supposed to be underway for 26 days!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.