• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sued for stopping illegals

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Even civil trials in federal court require a unanimous verdict. Since this is a southern Arizona jury it would shock me if they got a unanimous verdict for the plaintiffs. The defendant is well known and his actions over the years have met with approval by many southern Arizonans. They know the crisis on the border. I expect he will win. It still sucks that he has had to defend himself. I hope he got help defending this obnoxious law suit.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
It's cases like these that really put in question organizations such as the ACLU/MALDEF/et. al who, in their ideals, are very worthwhile. Should there be a Mexican-American Legal Defense and Education Fund and Other Important Stuff Committee? Sure, there should always be someone willing to fight for an underdog (read: not criminal). It's when they champion BS cases like this that they lose credibility for helping out the legal Latino immigrant trying to get by and be an American. The ACLU's been heading down that same spiral for years. Pretty soon we'll need a Coalition for the Common American just to cancel them out!

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I think he might have a case against the FED.. It appears like he asked for help in resolving this matter, but wasn't given much of a choice but take matters into his own hands to protect his land, property, and family.

I think the gov't owes this man a debt of gratitude for the "12,000+" illegal immigrants he has kept out of the U.S. over the years. He's saving taxpayers a boatload of money

Bevo16

pilot
Any lawyers out there:

How can an illegal non-citizen even access the US court system? WTFO?

How can an illegal non-citizen have their "civil rights" violated. Those rights are for US Citizens, and don't apply to Mexicans. Right?

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
How do these illegals even have standing in a federal court?

This guy deserves an 'atta boy' and these people should count their lucky stars that they were not LEGALLY fired upon under Arizona's Castle Doctrine.

Yankee Uniform Tango
As an immigrant and an American, I find this to be a goddamn joke. I wonder how would the judge and MALDEF representatives feel if people constantly encroached their backyards, shit all over them, then vandalized their property. How this case was allowed to go to court I have no idea.

Anyway it looks to me like the MALDEF is helping these people purely based on their heritage, not anything remotely objective - where do their loyalties lie?

john1513

AK or bust.
pilot
I've got their "civil rights" right here...

duke15beartrap.jpg

Seriously though, I'm surprised this guy has showed so much restraint...especially after finding 12,000 CONFIRMED intruders on his land. Who knows how many slipped through unnoticed...

yodaears

pilot
Any lawyers out there:

Ok, I am not a lawyer but I do love my constitution enough to study it every now and again. Non-citizens of the US have access to US Courts because of the fourteenth amendment.

"....No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive an person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of its laws."

The common argument when interpreting this within the Court system is the deliberate usage of both "citizens" and "persons," i.e. they knew what they were writing and what was meant when they ratified it in 1868.

It is interesting to note that the phrase "Citizen of the United States" does not appear until the 11th amendment (ratified 1795) implying that the founders intended our Constitution, and thus our laws, to extend to every person on US soil.

I still think the case in question is a joke. Private property and protection there of represents legal issues far beyond the scope of amateur study. Needless to say, I hope they get their asses thrown out and this guy is formerly recognized by, at the very least, the State of Arizona for being AWESOME. I don't understand why people in Mexico can't just do it legally. Its not easy but its not impossible either.

torpedo0126

i think it would be much easier to just return to the more relaxed immigration laws we had in the earlier 90s. I don't get why its so bad that people want to come here? We would avoid a lot of stupid things like this then.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Any lawyers out there:

How can an illegal non-citizen have their "civil rights" violated. Those rights are for US Citizens, and don't apply to Mexicans. Right?

The same way that detainees at GITMO are going to be afforded "civil rights" and access to our judicial system. Somebody call Bill Kunstler or Ron Kuby!
And...the same way that a dope peddling shit stain was able to testify against these guys. Out of control activist courts.
http://ramos-compean.blogspot.com/

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok, I am not a lawyer but I do love my constitution enough to study it every now and again. Non-citizens of the US have access to US Courts because of the fourteenth amendment.

"....No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive an person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of its laws."

The common argument when interpreting this within the Court system is the deliberate usage of both "citizens" and "persons," i.e. they knew what they were writing and what was meant when they ratified it in 1868.

It is interesting to note that the phrase "Citizen of the United States" does not appear until the 11th amendment (ratified 1795) implying that the founders intended our Constitution, and thus our laws, to extend to every person on US soil.

I still think the case in question is a joke. Private property and protection there of represents legal issues far beyond the scope of amateur study. Needless to say, I hope they get their asses thrown out and this guy is formerly recognized by, at the very least, the State of Arizona for being AWESOME. I don't understand why people in Mexico can't just do it legally. Its not easy but its not impossible either.

+1 pony for the reasonable and accurate analysis, as I see it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do these illegals even have standing in a federal court?

This guy deserves an 'atta boy' and these people should count their lucky stars that they were not LEGALLY fired upon under Arizona's Castle Doctrine.

If you think you can shoot at a person trespassing on your property in Arizona and get away with it you had better not ever bring a gun into the state lest you try to prove your ignorance and end up in jail.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
I don't understand why people in Mexico can't just do it legally. Its not easy but its not impossible either.

Especially when other people must literally wait for decades to get their immigrant visas in order to join their families in the US.

The biggest problem is the fact that Congress and business owners freak out when ICE conducts raids on businesses. They're the key problem here... as long as illegals are hired they will keep on coming.