• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I have a question about LoR's and Interivews. I'm AD and have an old senior chief that said he would give me a write up but i dont know if i should have him fill out a 1131/5 form or should i use a LoR form. I hear that AD should really only use the 1131/5 form and the LoR form is more for civilians. Also what is the name of the LoR form because i have been trying to find it everywhere. Could anyone give me some guidance as to what i should have him fill out so i can add it to my package.
I'm not sure which you should have your senior chief fill out, but the one my OR had me use was the DD370. The actual statement goes in the remarks section, number 18.

Last edited:

LawlessNavyman

I'm AD and I didn't use any form for my LORs. They were all written on official letter head.
Now did you guys end up writing your LoR and then havin them chop it or did they end up writing the letter. Also did you put it on your command letterhead or was it on their command letter head.

Now did you guys end up writing your LoR and then havin them chop it or did they end up writing the letter. Also did you put it on your command letterhead or was it on their command letter head.

All of my LORs were personally written by the individual. 2 were from my command so they were on my command letter head. The other ones were from other companies and groups on their respective company letterhead.

Crewguy02

MT1/SS
All of my LORs were personally written by the individual. 2 were from my command so they were on my command letter head. The other ones were from other companies and groups on their respective company letterhead.
Of my two, one I had written and sent through my command for their chopping. The other one was from a previous CO that interviewed me and wrote his own recommendation. It really depends on your command. My advise is to simply ask the question to the person you would want the recommendation from.

JoJoGoHard

PRO-REC Y IW (18100) 20DEC13
Of my two, one I had written and sent through my command for their chopping. The other one was from a previous CO that interviewed me and wrote his own recommendation. It really depends on your command. My advise is to simply ask the question to the person you would want the recommendation from.
All seven of my recommendations were written on the Interviewer's Appraisal Sheets 1131/5 and independently written by the Officer interviewing me... I did not submit any LOR's with my OCS package and was selected... I guess there are "different ways to skin a cat." Congrats on your SWO Pro-Rec Crewguy02

Pax

New Question:
For non-priors trying to knock out Navy Knowledge Online (NKO) requirements prior to arriving, how do I get onto NKO without a CAC or login? I have poked around the Naval Service Training Command pages a bit, but am running into roadblocks. Is there something I could ask my recruiter for? Below are the NKO requirements listed on the OTC Newport homepage.

Officer Candidate School(OCS)

ATFP Level I Awareness Training for Service Members (CONUS)CANSF-ATFP-CONUS-1.0
Driving For LifeCPD-DFL-01
Diversity All-Hands TrainingCPPD-GMT-DAHT-1.0
DoD Information Assurance Awareness V9DOD-IAA-V9.0
Personally Identifiable Information (PII)DOD-PII-V1
Trafficking in Persons Basic Awareness Trainingjkddc-tip-1

yakboyslim

None
I might be wrong, but I don't think you can get on without any login. Also, I know everyone loves to get ahead, but this might be a good place to put the reminder out - people make it through this program all the time without front-loading their NKO courses. You'll have time to do it at OCS, and at least when I went through it was during the "less busy" parts of OCS. Don't sweat it too much.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
New Question:
For non-priors trying to knock out Navy Knowledge Online (NKO) requirements prior to arriving, how do I get onto NKO without a CAC or login?
Unfortunately, you can't access NKO without a CAC card anymore. That's actually something that changed while I was going through. Thankfully I got mine done before they changed it, but now you guys will probably need to get CAC cards from PSD while you're there. At any rate, there's almost no chance you'll be able to get on before you get there, so like yakboyslim said, don't sweat it. Focus more on the gouge and getting in shape.
Edit to add: You guys will also need to get CAC cards after you commission, because the ones you have at OCS will say E-5, so at your next command, you'll need to get it changed to O-1.

There really isn't anyway for you to do NKO without a CAC card that is trackable. Even at OCS they told everybody to do the NKOs even though there is no way for them to track your completion of them. They gave those of us who didn't have CAC cards access to a link for the NKOs through the shared drive. We did them and in the end nobody cared or even checked. They told us not to get the E-5 card and just wait for graduation to get the O-1.

shinegf

Hi, please forgive me if the questions has been asked over and over. I am applying for SWO/supply/intel and trying to wrap up my package for submission. According to my recruiter, only Three LORs are submitted with the package and the recruiter will help me pick the best three if I have more. Also she states that an interview with her is sufficient for the application package as there is no need to have three Officer interviews to finish the appraisal sheet if I am not prior enlisted. Can anyone help me verify this? Thanks so much for your generous help in advance! A little background of me, I have a bachelor degree of a Electrical Engineering at UCLA with 3.3 GPA and my OAR score is 63 with somewhat moderate LORs. Just want to be fully prepared to submit the applications.

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
yes and yes. Non prior can have up to 5 (I believe) LORs but quality over quantity is what my recruiter told me. Non priors do not submit officer interviews with their packages. that is an AD thing.

Good luck!

bmagilke

Not sure if this was an answered question. If the OCS is 12 weeks long, is the last day of OCS the graduation day. Or is the 3rd or 4th day after that takes place. Some of the websites talk about it taking 12 weeks and others talk about taking 12 weeks an 4 days.